March AC and Fenland Running Club enjoy contrasting fortunes at Frostbite League race
- Credit: Archant
Thirty-seven March AC runners turned out for the latest race in the Frostbite League at Hinchingbrooke Park.
In the muddiest of conditions Luke Fenner was third in the 1.5 mile junior race, with his sister Sophie first March AC girl home. The juniors came eighth on the day and are seventh overall.
Simon Oldfield was first club runner home in the seniors five mile race in 42nd out of 425 competitors.
The club was fifth out of 16 clubs on the day and after three league races are fifth overall.
Junior results: Luke Fenner 9.33, 3rd; Luke Gardner 12.14, 64th; Sean Stacey 12.15, 65th; Andrew Lee 12.25, 71st; Sophie Fenner 12.27, 72nd; Liam Lambert 13.45, 112th; Lewis Kent 14.07, 132nd; Megan Stacey 14.31, 146th; Alex Cartwright-Bremner 18.39, 175th.
You may also want to watch:
Senior results: Simon Oldfield 33.24, 42nd; Billy Bremner 34.29, 63rd; Lee Carey 34.47, 69th; Mick Stacey 34.59, 75th; Tony Daplyn 35.10, 80th; Wayne Stimson 35.29, 91st; Andrew Larham 35.56, 102nd; Simon Render 36.07, 107th; Debra Wait 36.40, 122nd; Karen Patterson 37.51 147th; Tim Boyd 38.04, 154th; Darren Moat 38.07, 156th; Mark Salmons 38.34, 167th; Geraldine Larham 38.37, 170th; Toni Alcaraz 39.43, 199th; Brian Goodenough 40.55, 226th; Brian Harding 41.46, 243rd; Paul Wing 41.49, 245th; Chris Lawrence 42.15, 259th; Wayne Kent 42.54, 276th; Malcolm Hunt 44.18, 294th; Graeme Robertson 44.52, 307th; Dawn Veal 45.37, 515th; Fay Scrivener 48.25, 353rd,; Scott Bywater 48.31, 354th; Tina Lambert 53.42, 398th; Ray Few 54.20, 403rd; Katie Hunt 55.45, 410th.
Fenland Running Club suffered the after effects of their club Christmas party on Saturday and only just managed to field a team.
- 1 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 2 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 4 Man who died in road crash is named
- 5 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 6 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 7 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 8 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 9 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 10 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
Martin Jennings was 24th but with many of the club’s faster runners missing FRC were 13th on the day and are 12th overall. FRC results: Martin Jennings 24th, 32.14; Dan Wate 79th, 35.08; Tim Chapman 111th, 36.19; Rod Sinnott 139th, 37.24; Clive Harrod 145th, 37.42; Justin Showell 154th, 38.04; Maire Irlam 203rd, 40.02; John Chapman 210th, 40.19; Sarah Gauvin 230th, 40.58; Ann Trett 240th, 41.37; Ian King 306th, 44.50; Cheryl Chapman 384th, 50.51.
Nene Valley Harriers 10 mile race in Peterborough FRC results: Martin Jennings 50th, 63.16 (PB); Clive Harrod 127th, 69.54; Adam Chown 154th, 72.50 (PB); Ian Milburn 157th, 63.05; Justin Showell 192nd, 76.04; Keith White 193rd, 76.16; Nicky Jennings 210th, 77.59.
Bedford Harriers Half Marathon FRC results: Rod Sinnott 201st, 1.37.24 (PB); Paul Griffin 215th, 1.38.09; Maire Irlam 242nd, 1.39.19; Neil Bailey 762nd, 2.05.00; Katie Ward DNF.