ATHLETICS: Alcaraz is one of the Masters in England outing
- Credit: Archant
A March AC member was on international duty at the weekend.
Toni Alcaraz represented England Masters in the Maidenhead Half Marathon - an event she completed in a time of 1:27.57.
"I felt privileged to be there," said Alcaraz. "It is quite inspiring to meet so many quality veteran runners.
"I have been injured twice this year so training has not been as good as it could have been. My time was good all things considered."
Alcaraz qualified with a fine performance at the Hull Half Marathon in June when she finished second in the FV45 category.
You may also want to watch:
She also raced for England Masters in the Chester Marathon last year and has another international date over that distance later this year in the York Marathon.
Alcaraz works as a nurse at the Cornerstone Practice in March and only took up running at the age of 40.
- 1 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 2 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 3 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 4 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 5 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 6 Man attempts to smuggle MDMA tablets disguised as Mars Bar into jail
- 7 Slimmer's life-changing weight loss story
- 8 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 9 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 10 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart