March AC dazzle in the heat at half-marathon
- Credit: March AC
After grey skies, March AC runners were able to dazzle in the September sunshine.
Four members travelled to Norfolk for Ryston Runners' Wissey half-marathon on September 5, which started and finished in Oxborough, which included some downhill sections as well as uphill.
Toni Alcaraz, who despite not feeling her best, was first home for March as third lady and first in her age category in a time of 1:29:33.
Andrew Wool alongside husband and wife duo Kay and Graeme Dedman followed.
Four more March AC runners took on a gruelling 20-mile race in Bedford, made harder by the soaring heat last weekend.
You may also want to watch:
First for March was Steve Robinett in 2:42:58, followed by Dean Markillie, Jon Long and Mike Blackledge.
Wissey Half Marathon
- 1 Woman killed and four hospitalised after crash
- 2 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 3 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 4 Pair questioned amid probe into catalytic converter thefts
- 5 Ledger discovery affords a glimpse of Victorian travel
- 6 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 7 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 8 Youth with 'police style baton' caught out by CCTV
- 9 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 10 'Emotional' quartet complete 10k for villager Paul
Toni Alcaraz 1:29:33; Andrew Wool 1:45:23; Kay Dedman 2:26:05; Graeme Dedman 2:39:35.
Steven Robinett 2:42:58; Dean Markillie 2:52:36; Jon Long 2:56:56; Mike Blackledge 3:18:18.