March AC runner Melissa Neal shines at St Ives 10km race
- Credit: Archant
March AC runner Melissa Neal was first lady home and fourth overall in the St Ives 10km race.
She won the vet-35 prize in 38 minutes 52 seconds, while Andrew Larham won first vet-55 (40.34).
Jevan Robertson achieved a personal best (37.16) and was 16th overall in a field of 750 runners.
Four Fenland Running Club members competed in the Marham 10km race. In a field of 89 runners, Adam Chown was first club runner home in 14th with a personal best of 42 minutes 56 seconds.
Sarah Gauvin was third lady home in 23rd (44.39), Katie Ward was 27th (46.17) and Tracy Farr 76th (1.00.55).
You may also want to watch:
March AC Results: Jevan Robertson 16th, 37.16; Melissa Neal 26th, 38.52; Lee Carey 27th, 39.00; Andrew Larham 45th, 40.34; Billy Bremner 46th, 40.49; Wayne Stimson 61st, 42.46; Simon Render 62nd, 43.12; Debra Wait 71st, 43.22; Geraldine Larham 105th, 44.55; Darren Moat 124th, 45.42; Justin Elvidge 134th, 46.13; Brian Harding 137th, 46.04; Helena Mueller 247th, 51.13 (PB); Graeme Robertson 359th, 56.38; Pat Brown 483rd, 1.07.41.
Walpole St Andrew athlete Matt Pyatt, representing Eastern Veterans, came second in the 800m at the Inter Area Athletics meeting in Solihull (two mins 7.44 seconds).
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 5 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 6 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 7 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 8 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 9 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 10 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal