March AC runner Melissa Neal shines at St Ives 10km race
- Credit: Archant
March AC runner Melissa Neal was first lady home and fourth overall in the St Ives 10km race.
She won the vet-35 prize in 38 minutes 52 seconds, while Andrew Larham won first vet-55 (40.34).
Jevan Robertson achieved a personal best (37.16) and was 16th overall in a field of 750 runners.
Four Fenland Running Club members competed in the Marham 10km race. In a field of 89 runners, Adam Chown was first club runner home in 14th with a personal best of 42 minutes 56 seconds.
Sarah Gauvin was third lady home in 23rd (44.39), Katie Ward was 27th (46.17) and Tracy Farr 76th (1.00.55).
March AC Results: Jevan Robertson 16th, 37.16; Melissa Neal 26th, 38.52; Lee Carey 27th, 39.00; Andrew Larham 45th, 40.34; Billy Bremner 46th, 40.49; Wayne Stimson 61st, 42.46; Simon Render 62nd, 43.12; Debra Wait 71st, 43.22; Geraldine Larham 105th, 44.55; Darren Moat 124th, 45.42; Justin Elvidge 134th, 46.13; Brian Harding 137th, 46.04; Helena Mueller 247th, 51.13 (PB); Graeme Robertson 359th, 56.38; Pat Brown 483rd, 1.07.41.
Walpole St Andrew athlete Matt Pyatt, representing Eastern Veterans, came second in the 800m at the Inter Area Athletics meeting in Solihull (two mins 7.44 seconds).
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 3 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 4 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 5 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 6 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 7 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 8 Rachael takes bronze at national hairdressing competition
- 9 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 10 Church gets set for annual Christmas tree festival