March AC runner Melissa Neal shines at St Ives 10km race
- Credit: Archant
March AC runner Melissa Neal was first lady home and fourth overall in the St Ives 10km race.
She won the vet-35 prize in 38 minutes 52 seconds, while Andrew Larham won first vet-55 (40.34).
Jevan Robertson achieved a personal best (37.16) and was 16th overall in a field of 750 runners.
Four Fenland Running Club members competed in the Marham 10km race. In a field of 89 runners, Adam Chown was first club runner home in 14th with a personal best of 42 minutes 56 seconds.
Sarah Gauvin was third lady home in 23rd (44.39), Katie Ward was 27th (46.17) and Tracy Farr 76th (1.00.55).
You may also want to watch:
March AC Results: Jevan Robertson 16th, 37.16; Melissa Neal 26th, 38.52; Lee Carey 27th, 39.00; Andrew Larham 45th, 40.34; Billy Bremner 46th, 40.49; Wayne Stimson 61st, 42.46; Simon Render 62nd, 43.12; Debra Wait 71st, 43.22; Geraldine Larham 105th, 44.55; Darren Moat 124th, 45.42; Justin Elvidge 134th, 46.13; Brian Harding 137th, 46.04; Helena Mueller 247th, 51.13 (PB); Graeme Robertson 359th, 56.38; Pat Brown 483rd, 1.07.41.
Walpole St Andrew athlete Matt Pyatt, representing Eastern Veterans, came second in the 800m at the Inter Area Athletics meeting in Solihull (two mins 7.44 seconds).
- 1 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 2 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 3 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 4 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 5 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 6 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 7 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 8 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 9 ‘Shovel-ready’ mayor brings key schemes back from the brink
- 10 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home