March AC runners young and slightly older shine at Eye races
- Credit: Archant
Young March AC runner Luke Gardner is definitely one to watch.
Fresh from winning last month’s under 11 category at the Sandy 3km, Gardner was at it again at the Eye 3km on Sunday.
Finishing in 12 minutes 32 seconds, the Glebelands School pupil gained an overall top 10 position out of more than 150 runners and was the fastest boy in the under 10 category.
Megan Stacey was the first girl home for the club in 45th in 14 minutes 28 seconds.
In the adult 10km race, Debra Wait was the third lady to cross the finish line in 41 minutes 38 seconds (62nd).
You may also want to watch:
She was followed by Geraldine Larham who won the fifth lady prize with 42.31 (71st).
Andrew Larham gave an impressive performance with a time of 41.06 (51st) which gave him the first Vet 55 prize.
- 1 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 2 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 3 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 4 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 5 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 6 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 7 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 8 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 9 ‘Shovel-ready’ mayor brings key schemes back from the brink
- 10 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
Times: 10km Race- Lee Carey 38.51 (26th); Paul Hensby 39.25 (29th); Mick Stacey 40.16 (39th); Andrew Larham 41.06 (51st); Debra Wait 41.38 (62nd); Billy Bremner 41.51 (65th); Geraldine Larham 42.31 (71st); Justin Elvidge 43.47 (92nd); Darren Moat 47.42 (156th); Graeme Robertson 50.57 (221st); Emma Carey 56.49 (333rd); Mark Oakerbee 57.27 (342nd); Hugh Plumb 1.00.40 (390th); Michelle Seward 1.01.40 (404th); Lavinia Seward 1.05.32 (441st); Pat Brown 1.07.22 (455th).
3km Fun Run- Luke Gardner 12.32 (10th); Sean Stacey 12.45 (14th); Alfie McIntyre 13.08 (21st); Liam Lambert 13.51 (38th); Megan Stacey 14.28 (45th); Serge Lambert 17.19 (78th); Tina Lambert 17.20 (80th); Esme McIntyre 19.32 (132nd).