March Athletic Club take part in the Abbey 10k race in Ramsey
- Credit: Archant
Seventeen members of March AC took part in the Abbey 10k race at Ramsey yesterday (June 24).
On a multi terrain course and the hot weather to contend with Billy Bremner was first home for the club with an amazing time of 37 minutes 9 seconds placing him 11th overall.
Toni Alcaraz was a prize winner for the ladies , 2nd lady in the race and winning 1st in her age category while Andy Cole is back on form achieving a personal best of 39 minutes 31 seconds.
In the fun run March Junior Archie Bullman was first for the club to cross the line in 9 minutes 15 seconds.
Times: Billy Bremner 37:09 (11th), Andrew Cole 39:31pb (21st) Toni Alcaraz 40:24 (24th), Andrew Larham 42:25 (44th) Robin Wright 44:42 (68th) , Andrew Wool 46:48 (99th) Justin Showell 47:56 (113th) Tom Orr 48:19 (122nd) Megan Ayling 48:36pb,(126th) Bryan Newman 48:45 (130th) Sarah Starr 49:09, (135th) Steve Starr 49:25 (143rd) Jon Long 49:45, (144th) Malcolm Hunt 52:32 (145th) Abbie Jeeves 53:23 (190th) Mark Darlow 54:26 (199th) Lesley Wright 54:35 (201st) Gaelle Bryant 56:34 (221st) Bill Swadling 58:06, (242nd) Irene Lane 1:02:37 (300th) Pat Brown 1:06:15 (324th)
You may also want to watch:
Abbey Fun Run times: Archie Bullman 9:15, Lily Fiveash 9:50, Paul Bryant 10:06, Amy Rudd 13:28, Rowen Whittlesey 17:23, Masie Whittlesey 17:25, Sue Jeeves 17:34.
Meanwhile, six of March Ladies took part in the Colworth Marathon challenge which is a marathon distance run over three days.
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 5 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 6 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 7 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 8 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 9 Count admits he 'must carry personally' some blame for losses
- 10 Welcome relief as hairdresser back at care home
Suzanne Orr Dawn Veal Nina Markillie, Michelle Seward, Lavinia Seward and Karen Pattersons.
Times will be available on the website.