Another weekend, another marathon for hearty March AC runners
- Credit: March AC
Another autumn weekend meant another marathon for March Athletic Club, but with a slight change.
This time, runners made the switch from London up to Manchester for the 26.2-mile course, hailed as the flattest in the UK.
While en route, runners pass Manchester United FC’s Old Trafford stadium before going through the city centre, out to Altrincham and back.
Three March AC runners took on the challenge and first home for the club was Andy Cole.
He set a new marathon personal best in a time of three hours, 11 minutes and 14 seconds.
Andy was followed by duo Mike and Rachel Boxall in 3:29:13 and 5:19:23 respectively.
Elsewhere, Mike Blackledge took on the Silverstone half-marathon as he ran round the race track over a 13.1-mile course.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
He completed the course in 1:50:40, just one week after completing his virtual London marathon.