March runners scoop prizes at Thorney five mile race
- Credit: Archant
Runners from March Ahtletics club scooped prizes in the Thorney five mile race.
Ladies from March AC excelled again in the local event on Sunday August 19.
Toni Alcaraz was the first lady in the race with a personal best time of 31.59, Melissa Neal was third lady home in the race in 33.46 and with Geraldine Larham crossing the line in 36.13 meant the three ladies won the ladies team prize on the day.
Billy Bremner stormed home and out of a field of over 200 runners was 7th in the race with a superb personal best time of 28.51.
Other times: Andrew Cole 31:09pb, Toni Alcaraz 31:59pb (1st Lady), Robin Wright 33:31pb, Melissa Neal 33:46 (3rd Lady), Geraldine Larham 36:13 (1st in Age Cat), Daniel Barber 36:19, Kieron Williams 38:15, Steve Starr 38:56, Lesley Wright 41:34pb, Malcolm Hunt 42:16, Kelly-Ann Neale 42:25, Stephen Cowell 43:13, Harry Littlemore 43:25, Fay Scrivener 43:36, Irene Lane 45:01, Graeme Robertson 45:17, Bill Swadling 45:28, Nina Markillie 48:24, David Watts 48:36pb. In the Thorney fun run Archie Bullman won first in age category with a time of 11 minutes 49 seconds.
You may also want to watch:
Earlier in the week several runners took part in the Barney Memorial 5K where Andy Cole led the team home with a time of 18.54 followed by Andrew Larham 20:13, Wayne Stimson 20:15, Melissa Neal 20:28, Andrew Wool 21:58, Geraldine Larham 22:24, Graeme Robertson 28:27.
Going for the longer distance Andrew Wool completed the Kimbolton Castle half marathon in 1 hour 43 minutes and 34 seconds a well deserved personal best time.
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 3 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 6 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 7 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 8 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
- 9 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 10 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
Christian Ford completed the Ely Monster standard distance triathlon in 3 hours 44 minutes and 35 seconds and another personal best time for a March runner.