March runners scoop prizes at Thorney five mile race
- Credit: Archant
Runners from March Ahtletics club scooped prizes in the Thorney five mile race.
Ladies from March AC excelled again in the local event on Sunday August 19.
Toni Alcaraz was the first lady in the race with a personal best time of 31.59, Melissa Neal was third lady home in the race in 33.46 and with Geraldine Larham crossing the line in 36.13 meant the three ladies won the ladies team prize on the day.
Billy Bremner stormed home and out of a field of over 200 runners was 7th in the race with a superb personal best time of 28.51.
Other times: Andrew Cole 31:09pb, Toni Alcaraz 31:59pb (1st Lady), Robin Wright 33:31pb, Melissa Neal 33:46 (3rd Lady), Geraldine Larham 36:13 (1st in Age Cat), Daniel Barber 36:19, Kieron Williams 38:15, Steve Starr 38:56, Lesley Wright 41:34pb, Malcolm Hunt 42:16, Kelly-Ann Neale 42:25, Stephen Cowell 43:13, Harry Littlemore 43:25, Fay Scrivener 43:36, Irene Lane 45:01, Graeme Robertson 45:17, Bill Swadling 45:28, Nina Markillie 48:24, David Watts 48:36pb. In the Thorney fun run Archie Bullman won first in age category with a time of 11 minutes 49 seconds.
Earlier in the week several runners took part in the Barney Memorial 5K where Andy Cole led the team home with a time of 18.54 followed by Andrew Larham 20:13, Wayne Stimson 20:15, Melissa Neal 20:28, Andrew Wool 21:58, Geraldine Larham 22:24, Graeme Robertson 28:27.
Going for the longer distance Andrew Wool completed the Kimbolton Castle half marathon in 1 hour 43 minutes and 34 seconds a well deserved personal best time.
- 1 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 2 Whittlesey and March serve up cup thriller ahead of crucial weekend
- 3 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 4 Live music, over 100 stalls and fair rides as Christmas market returns
- 5 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 6 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 7 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 8 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 9 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild
- 10 Gill ready to 'give fans a show' amid European title frustration
Christian Ford completed the Ely Monster standard distance triathlon in 3 hours 44 minutes and 35 seconds and another personal best time for a March runner.