March Amateur Boxing Club duo qualify for Junior ABA quarter-finals
TWO talented boxers from Fenland tasted success at the weekend during the Eastern Counties Junior Finals in King’s Lynn.
March Amateur Boxing Club’s duo Danny Hedges and Charlie Stevens have now both qualified for the Junior ABA quarter-finals at Brentwood on April 16.
Hedges, 15, beat Billericay ABC’s Kevan Davis on points at Lynnsport to qualify while Stevens - who had already reached the April 16 showcase - beat Bwynei (Wales) ABC’s Alan Cook on points in a supporting bout.
March ABC coach Bernie Wing said: “Danny came flying out of the corner
and blew a very good boy away. If he boxed like this all the time he would not have had so many losses on his card.”
You may also want to watch:
• CHATTERIS ABC received a �105 boost after the town’s Conservative Club donated funds raised at a singles dominoes competition. John Deighton won the event with Andy Ginton finishing runner-up.
- 1 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 2 Long-serving work couple leaving Fens for Nigeria to build care home
- 3 Cheers to that! Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 5 Aldi invites the public to share their views on new Whittlesey store
- 6 Burglar's DNA linked to break in at Ramsey Royal British Legion Club
- 7 Primary school joins laureate's £100m-a-year bid to boost libraries
- 8 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 9 Council removes anti-Semitic graffiti in Ely
- 10 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region