March Amateur Boxing Club duo qualify for Junior ABA quarter-finals
TWO talented boxers from Fenland tasted success at the weekend during the Eastern Counties Junior Finals in King’s Lynn.
March Amateur Boxing Club’s duo Danny Hedges and Charlie Stevens have now both qualified for the Junior ABA quarter-finals at Brentwood on April 16.
Hedges, 15, beat Billericay ABC’s Kevan Davis on points at Lynnsport to qualify while Stevens - who had already reached the April 16 showcase - beat Bwynei (Wales) ABC’s Alan Cook on points in a supporting bout.
March ABC coach Bernie Wing said: “Danny came flying out of the corner
and blew a very good boy away. If he boxed like this all the time he would not have had so many losses on his card.”
• CHATTERIS ABC received a �105 boost after the town’s Conservative Club donated funds raised at a singles dominoes competition. John Deighton won the event with Andy Ginton finishing runner-up.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 2 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 3 Princess Eugenie on mission to stop modern slavery
- 4 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 5 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 6 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 7 Happy Hares boss confident more progress is yet to come
- 8 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 9 Christmas at Wimpole illuminated trail sparks into life as countdown begins
- 10 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens