March Amateur Boxing Club duo qualify for Junior ABA quarter-finals
TWO talented boxers from Fenland tasted success at the weekend during the Eastern Counties Junior Finals in King’s Lynn.
March Amateur Boxing Club’s duo Danny Hedges and Charlie Stevens have now both qualified for the Junior ABA quarter-finals at Brentwood on April 16.
Hedges, 15, beat Billericay ABC’s Kevan Davis on points at Lynnsport to qualify while Stevens - who had already reached the April 16 showcase - beat Bwynei (Wales) ABC’s Alan Cook on points in a supporting bout.
March ABC coach Bernie Wing said: “Danny came flying out of the corner
and blew a very good boy away. If he boxed like this all the time he would not have had so many losses on his card.”
You may also want to watch:
• CHATTERIS ABC received a �105 boost after the town’s Conservative Club donated funds raised at a singles dominoes competition. John Deighton won the event with Andy Ginton finishing runner-up.
- 1 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 2 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle
- 3 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 4 Sandbags available ahead as Storm Christoph arrives
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 7 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 8 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 9 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years