March Amateur Boxing Club duo qualify for Junior ABA quarter-finals
TWO talented boxers from Fenland tasted success at the weekend during the Eastern Counties Junior Finals in King’s Lynn.
March Amateur Boxing Club’s duo Danny Hedges and Charlie Stevens have now both qualified for the Junior ABA quarter-finals at Brentwood on April 16.
Hedges, 15, beat Billericay ABC’s Kevan Davis on points at Lynnsport to qualify while Stevens - who had already reached the April 16 showcase - beat Bwynei (Wales) ABC’s Alan Cook on points in a supporting bout.
March ABC coach Bernie Wing said: “Danny came flying out of the corner
and blew a very good boy away. If he boxed like this all the time he would not have had so many losses on his card.”
You may also want to watch:
• CHATTERIS ABC received a �105 boost after the town’s Conservative Club donated funds raised at a singles dominoes competition. John Deighton won the event with Andy Ginton finishing runner-up.
- 1 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 4 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 5 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 6 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 7 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 8 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 9 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 10 Alleged paedophile released on bail