March Amateur Boxing Club prospects Josh and Tarley continue to impress
- Credit: Archant
It was a successful weekend for a pair of March Boxing Club talents.
Youngsters Josh Tanner and Tarley Smith were both in action in shows around the region, and both secured impressive victories.
Josh, 11, made the short trip to Chatteris to take part in the town’s annual show, and stepped through the ropes again Leicester Railwaymen’s ABC prospect, Abdullah Henley.
Tanner’s quality was evident from the start of the bout and the youngster rocked Henley with a flurry of well-timed punches and managed to evade his opponent’s shots to bag a unanimous decision victory.
Smith, also 11, was in action in Norwich against Sebastian Edwards from Norwich City ABC, and secured an impressive win – his second of a blossoming career.
You may also want to watch:
Smith surprised the crowd by boxing to a dominant victory, which included giving Edwards a standing count in the final round.
Both youngsters will pull on their gloves once again this Friday (2) for March ABC’s home show at the Braza Club.
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 3 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 4 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 5 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 6 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 7 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 8 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo