March Amateur Boxing Club prospects Josh and Tarley continue to impress
- Credit: Archant
It was a successful weekend for a pair of March Boxing Club talents.
Youngsters Josh Tanner and Tarley Smith were both in action in shows around the region, and both secured impressive victories.
Josh, 11, made the short trip to Chatteris to take part in the town’s annual show, and stepped through the ropes again Leicester Railwaymen’s ABC prospect, Abdullah Henley.
Tanner’s quality was evident from the start of the bout and the youngster rocked Henley with a flurry of well-timed punches and managed to evade his opponent’s shots to bag a unanimous decision victory.
Smith, also 11, was in action in Norwich against Sebastian Edwards from Norwich City ABC, and secured an impressive win – his second of a blossoming career.
You may also want to watch:
Smith surprised the crowd by boxing to a dominant victory, which included giving Edwards a standing count in the final round.
Both youngsters will pull on their gloves once again this Friday (2) for March ABC’s home show at the Braza Club.
- 1 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 6 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 7 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 8 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 9 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 10 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash