March Amateur Boxing Club prospects Josh and Tarley continue to impress
- Credit: Archant
It was a successful weekend for a pair of March Boxing Club talents.
Youngsters Josh Tanner and Tarley Smith were both in action in shows around the region, and both secured impressive victories.
Josh, 11, made the short trip to Chatteris to take part in the town’s annual show, and stepped through the ropes again Leicester Railwaymen’s ABC prospect, Abdullah Henley.
Tanner’s quality was evident from the start of the bout and the youngster rocked Henley with a flurry of well-timed punches and managed to evade his opponent’s shots to bag a unanimous decision victory.
Smith, also 11, was in action in Norwich against Sebastian Edwards from Norwich City ABC, and secured an impressive win – his second of a blossoming career.
You may also want to watch:
Smith surprised the crowd by boxing to a dominant victory, which included giving Edwards a standing count in the final round.
Both youngsters will pull on their gloves once again this Friday (2) for March ABC’s home show at the Braza Club.
- 1 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 2 Three stores evacuated after suspect 'bomb scare'
- 3 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 4 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 5 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 6 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 7 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 8 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
- 9 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 10 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre