TABLE TENNIS: Family fever as Palmers earn festive glory in Christmas doubles event
- Credit: Archant
March and District Table Tennis Club held a competitive Christmas doubles event at Neale-Wade Academy.
The knockout styled event consisted of groups of four, with the top two teams from each group going through to the quarter-finals.
Those to advance were Phil & Marti Pentney, Steve Buttriss & Mike Smith, Phil Locke & Mark Woodall and Harry & John Palmer.
In the last four, the pair of Woodall and Locke beat Phil and Marti Pentney, while the Palmers beat Buttriss and Smith to progress into the final.
After a close contest, it was the Palmers who won in three ends, 11-3, 13-11 and 11-8 over Woodall & Locke to earn festive glory.
You may also want to watch:
The league would like to thank Sam Page-Mitchell for making a Christmas cake for the event.
Sessions restart on Tuesday, January 7 at Neale-Wade between 7-9.30pm until the end of March, and players of all abilities are welcome.
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 3 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 4 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 5 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 6 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 7 £1.5 million food store creates 12 jobs
- 8 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 9 Villagers stay strong to earn perfect post-lockdown record
- 10 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized