TABLE TENNIS: Family fever as Palmers earn festive glory in Christmas doubles event
- Credit: Archant
March and District Table Tennis Club held a competitive Christmas doubles event at Neale-Wade Academy.
The knockout styled event consisted of groups of four, with the top two teams from each group going through to the quarter-finals.
Those to advance were Phil & Marti Pentney, Steve Buttriss & Mike Smith, Phil Locke & Mark Woodall and Harry & John Palmer.
In the last four, the pair of Woodall and Locke beat Phil and Marti Pentney, while the Palmers beat Buttriss and Smith to progress into the final.
After a close contest, it was the Palmers who won in three ends, 11-3, 13-11 and 11-8 over Woodall & Locke to earn festive glory.
You may also want to watch:
The league would like to thank Sam Page-Mitchell for making a Christmas cake for the event.
Sessions restart on Tuesday, January 7 at Neale-Wade between 7-9.30pm until the end of March, and players of all abilities are welcome.
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 3 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 4 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 5 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 6 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 7 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 8 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 9 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 10 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile