March Athletics Club run round the world!
- Credit: Archant
March Athletics Club saw one of its runners travel to Canada to take part in the country’s challenging marathon.
Two other club members travelled to Scotland to take part in the city’s 34 mile race while other runners from March AC making their way to events across the region to compete in events.
Justin Elvidge travelled the 3,847 miles from March to Toronto in Canada to take part in the country’s marathon.
He crossed the finish line in 3 hours 26 minutes and 41 seconds.
Dave Burgess and Alan Brown went to Edinburgh to take part in the gruelling Edinburgh Rat Race ultra 34 mile challenge.
The course takes them all around the city and then out into the countryside hills and downs.
The pair completed the course in 5 hours 53 minutes and 39 seconds.
- 1 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 2 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 3 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 4 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 5 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 6 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 7 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 8 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
- 9 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
- 10 ‘We try to think outside the box’ - Alpacas pay a visit to care home
Gillian Holmes finished the Thurlow 5 in a time of 59.28 while Sam Wool did the Town and Gown 10k in Cambridge in a time of 55.30