March Athletics Club run round the world!
- Credit: Archant
March Athletics Club saw one of its runners travel to Canada to take part in the country’s challenging marathon.
Two other club members travelled to Scotland to take part in the city’s 34 mile race while other runners from March AC making their way to events across the region to compete in events.
Justin Elvidge travelled the 3,847 miles from March to Toronto in Canada to take part in the country’s marathon.
He crossed the finish line in 3 hours 26 minutes and 41 seconds.
Dave Burgess and Alan Brown went to Edinburgh to take part in the gruelling Edinburgh Rat Race ultra 34 mile challenge.
You may also want to watch:
The course takes them all around the city and then out into the countryside hills and downs.
The pair completed the course in 5 hours 53 minutes and 39 seconds.
- 1 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 2 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 3 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 4 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 5 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 6 Slimmer's life-changing weight loss story
- 7 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart
- 8 Man attempts to smuggle MDMA tablets disguised as Mars Bar into jail
- 9 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 10 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
Gillian Holmes finished the Thurlow 5 in a time of 59.28 while Sam Wool did the Town and Gown 10k in Cambridge in a time of 55.30