March Athletics Club run round the world!
- Credit: Archant
March Athletics Club saw one of its runners travel to Canada to take part in the country’s challenging marathon.
Two other club members travelled to Scotland to take part in the city’s 34 mile race while other runners from March AC making their way to events across the region to compete in events.
Justin Elvidge travelled the 3,847 miles from March to Toronto in Canada to take part in the country’s marathon.
He crossed the finish line in 3 hours 26 minutes and 41 seconds.
Dave Burgess and Alan Brown went to Edinburgh to take part in the gruelling Edinburgh Rat Race ultra 34 mile challenge.
You may also want to watch:
The course takes them all around the city and then out into the countryside hills and downs.
The pair completed the course in 5 hours 53 minutes and 39 seconds.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 5 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 6 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 7 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 8 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 9 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 10 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
Gillian Holmes finished the Thurlow 5 in a time of 59.28 while Sam Wool did the Town and Gown 10k in Cambridge in a time of 55.30