Monthly challenge for March Athletics Club uses two wheels as well as two legs
- Credit: MARCH AC
For their May club challenge March Athletic Club’s runners were taken out of their comfort zone and asked to run off the back of a cycle ride - much as they would have to do in a duathlon.
The pals with pedals challenge saw 18 runners pair up into nine teams to run a total of 20k per team.
Each runner had to take it in turns to cycle with their team mate while that person ran, with each person in the team running either a 10k or two 5k’s to reach the 20k run total.
For some it was the first time they had been on a bicycle in many years and that proved to be the most challenging part of the event.
Overall winners were Andy Cole and Toni Alcaraz, who ran their 20k in one hour 17 minutes 46 seconds.
Alcaraz had the fastest 10k time, clocking 39:32, while the quickest 5k went to Cole with 18:55.
Three runners managed a 10k PB. Barry Head, part of the second place team with Kanina O'Neill, was timed at 43:49, Joanne Anderson Wenn clocked 50:57 and Deb Watts finished in 1:00:09.
- 1 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 2 Floral tributes laid for man killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 3 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 4 Cannabis factory uncovered in Fen village
- 5 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 6 Covid ban on collecting CCTV says police after cycle theft
- 7 Grandmother calls to shut west Norfolk lakes where man, 20, drowned
- 8 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 9 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 10 'Gone but never forgotten' - tributes left by lake where man drowned
The event was the first outing and first 10k for new member Jodie Mottram who ran with dad Jason.