Final round in the Frostbite League produces strong runs for March Athletics Club
- Credit: MARCH AC
March Athletics Club brought the curtain down on the Frostbite League with the sixth and final round.
In keeping with the event's name and previous rounds, the weather was on the far end of chilly but 31 seniors and 10 juniors still took part.
The first senior March runner home was once again Luke Brown, this time clocking 28 minutes 13 seconds, and the first lady was Toni Alcaraz, who finished third overall in the women's event with 34:00 exactly.
There were also two debutants for the club, Sonia Witham and Kay Dedman, and both put in strong runs.
For the juniors, once again the Cumbridge boys came in first and second, Luke ahead of Matthew, with Molly Cook first girl home.
March were sitting seventh in the league out of the 16 teams before the race, comfortably ahead of their 12th-placed finish in last year's event.
The new league season will begin in October when March hope they will be back running in actual surroundings rather than virtual ones.
- 1 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 2 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 4 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 5 iPads and laptops stolen in school break-in
- 6 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 7 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 8 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’
- 9 MP Steve Barclay visits £14m A47 Guyhirn roundabout upgrade works
- 10 Drink-driver blows over four times legal limit after ‘booze and cruise’