March Athletics Club turn up the heat on Frostbite Friendly League leaders with impressive Huntingdon outing
- Credit: Archant
March Athletics Club kept the pressure on the leaders of the Frostbite Friendly League with an impressive performance in Huntingdon last weekend.
The Fenland aces conquered muddy terrain at Hinchingbrooke Park to finish in 118th place out of 424 teams – their best result of the season.
Leading the club home was Billy Bremner, who finished in 38th place courtesy of a speedy time of 31 minutes and 50 seconds.
The juniors, pictured, also had a strong team and came seventh on the day out of 15 clubs.
Young talent Alfie McIntyre was first home with a time of nine minutes 59 seconds, earning him a 15th place finish.
You may also want to watch:
Results: Billy Bremner 31:50, Andrew Larham 33:12, Mick Stacey 33:22, Michael Salter 33:41, Peter West 34:14, Mike Boxall 34:16, Toni Alcaraz 35:06, Geraldine Larham 35:18, Karen Patterson 35:22, Justin Showell 35:58, Debra Wait 36:03, Lee Carey 36:04, Rhys Davies 36:08, Wayne Stimson 37:25, Phil Beldom 37:35, Darren Moat 38:03, Bryan Goodenough 41:55, Jon Long 42:52, Malcolm Hunt 53:21, Stephen Cowell 43:35, Dawn Veal 43:53, Gaelle Bryant 44:22, Fred Amps 45:08, Mark Darlow 45:42, Fay Scrivener 46:28, Bill Swadling 47:51, Karen Dando 48:31, Tina Lambert 48:59, Mark Oakerbee 49:20, Suzanne 52:25 Junior times – Alfie McIntyre 9:59, Hugo Bryant 10:13, Sean Stacey 10:56, Liam Lambert 11:37, Alfie Skinner 12:23, Qyv Alcaraz 12:46, Paul Bryant 13:02, Kyle Sharman 13:03, Lily Fiveash 13:35, Kacey Sharman 16:23, Bronwen Davies 16:30.
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 5 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 6 Alcohol licence objections over noise and disturbance concerns
- 7 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 8 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 9 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 10 Dad of two killed on Fen road