Rugby: March Bears get better of Ely rivals
- Credit: Archant
March Bears ran out 40-19 winners over Ely seconds in their recent meeting.
A strong crosswind gave them an advantage in the first half and a kick from their own 22 was gathered by Coetzer to race under the posts.
Porter added the conversion, but Ely hit back with an unconverted try, before Hickes touched down in the corner to make it 12-5 at half time.
Ely scored a second try after the restart, but March replied with a converted try from Conway.
Coetzer touched down again after good team play, with Porter converting, and man of the match Ryan added another well-taken try, converted from out wide by Porter.
You may also want to watch:
It was the first of three tries in the last four minutes of the match, as Ely touched down again for their third score, before captain Bates went under the posts.
It completed a good day's work for March in difficult conditions.
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 3 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 4 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 5 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 6 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 7 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 8 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 9 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 10 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down