Rugby: March Bears get better of Ely rivals
- Credit: Archant
March Bears ran out 40-19 winners over Ely seconds in their recent meeting.
A strong crosswind gave them an advantage in the first half and a kick from their own 22 was gathered by Coetzer to race under the posts.
Porter added the conversion, but Ely hit back with an unconverted try, before Hickes touched down in the corner to make it 12-5 at half time.
Ely scored a second try after the restart, but March replied with a converted try from Conway.
Coetzer touched down again after good team play, with Porter converting, and man of the match Ryan added another well-taken try, converted from out wide by Porter.
You may also want to watch:
It was the first of three tries in the last four minutes of the match, as Ely touched down again for their third score, before captain Bates went under the posts.
It completed a good day's work for March in difficult conditions.
- 1 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 4 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 7 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 8 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 9 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years