RUGBY UNION: March Bears dish out a mauling to Ely side to maintain 100 per cent start to season
- Credit: Archant
March Bears extended their fine start to the season with an impressive victory over one of their local rivals last weekend.
The Bears gave Ely Tigers’ development side a real mauling in the Greene King Division Two West, running in nine tries in a 57-27 victory.
Tom Swann helped himself to three of those tries, with the other scores on the day coming from Simon Althoff (2), Dan Pillinger, Stewart Rigby, Simon Whittaker and Jason Rainbow.
March’s Connor Porter also impressed, kicking six conversions to send Ely to their first defeat this term and March to their second straight success.
The Bears, who sit comfortably at the top of the league standings after their two wins, will look to maintain their winning start this weekend when they travel to St Ives 2nds (3pm).
You may also want to watch:
St Ives sit second-from-bottom but have played one game less than March.
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 Neighbours want council to call time on off-licence
- 3 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 4 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 5 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 6 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 7 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 8 Ever get that sinking feeling?
- 9 Driver bids to drift towards fruitful career with national success
- 10 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager