RUGBY UNION: March Bears dish out a mauling to Ely side to maintain 100 per cent start to season
- Credit: Archant
March Bears extended their fine start to the season with an impressive victory over one of their local rivals last weekend.
The Bears gave Ely Tigers’ development side a real mauling in the Greene King Division Two West, running in nine tries in a 57-27 victory.
Tom Swann helped himself to three of those tries, with the other scores on the day coming from Simon Althoff (2), Dan Pillinger, Stewart Rigby, Simon Whittaker and Jason Rainbow.
March’s Connor Porter also impressed, kicking six conversions to send Ely to their first defeat this term and March to their second straight success.
The Bears, who sit comfortably at the top of the league standings after their two wins, will look to maintain their winning start this weekend when they travel to St Ives 2nds (3pm).
You may also want to watch:
St Ives sit second-from-bottom but have played one game less than March.
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 3 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 4 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 5 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 6 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 7 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 8 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 9 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 10 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down