RUGBY UNION: March Bears dish out a mauling to Ely side to maintain 100 per cent start to season
- Credit: Archant
March Bears extended their fine start to the season with an impressive victory over one of their local rivals last weekend.
The Bears gave Ely Tigers’ development side a real mauling in the Greene King Division Two West, running in nine tries in a 57-27 victory.
Tom Swann helped himself to three of those tries, with the other scores on the day coming from Simon Althoff (2), Dan Pillinger, Stewart Rigby, Simon Whittaker and Jason Rainbow.
March’s Connor Porter also impressed, kicking six conversions to send Ely to their first defeat this term and March to their second straight success.
The Bears, who sit comfortably at the top of the league standings after their two wins, will look to maintain their winning start this weekend when they travel to St Ives 2nds (3pm).
St Ives sit second-from-bottom but have played one game less than March.
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 3 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 4 Wenny Meadow home to rare 'false scorpions', says hidden report
- 5 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 6 Live music, over 100 stalls and fair rides as Christmas market returns
- 7 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 8 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 9 Motorbike set on fire in arson attack
- 10 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store