RUGBY UNION: March Bears dish out a mauling to Ely side to maintain 100 per cent start to season
- Credit: Archant
March Bears extended their fine start to the season with an impressive victory over one of their local rivals last weekend.
The Bears gave Ely Tigers’ development side a real mauling in the Greene King Division Two West, running in nine tries in a 57-27 victory.
Tom Swann helped himself to three of those tries, with the other scores on the day coming from Simon Althoff (2), Dan Pillinger, Stewart Rigby, Simon Whittaker and Jason Rainbow.
March’s Connor Porter also impressed, kicking six conversions to send Ely to their first defeat this term and March to their second straight success.
The Bears, who sit comfortably at the top of the league standings after their two wins, will look to maintain their winning start this weekend when they travel to St Ives 2nds (3pm).
You may also want to watch:
St Ives sit second-from-bottom but have played one game less than March.
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 3 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 6 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 7 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 8 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
- 9 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 10 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors