March Bears put in heroic defensive performance in loss to league challengers
MARCH Bears put in a tireless defensive performance as they were defeated by league challengers Cambridge Exiles on Saturday.
A determined Bears side battled bravely against the Exiles’ flowing attacking rugby in a 36-0 defeat.
It was a stubborn performance from the Bears who were beaten by more than 60 points the last time the sides met.
The players, who had been out of action for several weeks due to weather conditions, repelled endless waves of attack to limit the score to 10-0 at half time.
Although the Exiles extended their lead after the interval, the Bears could have enjoyed their own scores had it not been for missed penalties and crucial handling errors.
You may also want to watch:
Skipper Aaron Boxall declared himself delighted with his side’s commitment and said the Bears would continue to work hard in training.
March will take on an Ely Development XV on Saturday at the Elm Road Sports Field as they continue their push to climb the Greene King Super Deuxieme Nord League table. Kick off is 2pm.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 7 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 8 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo