March Bears put in heroic defensive performance in loss to league challengers
MARCH Bears put in a tireless defensive performance as they were defeated by league challengers Cambridge Exiles on Saturday.
A determined Bears side battled bravely against the Exiles’ flowing attacking rugby in a 36-0 defeat.
It was a stubborn performance from the Bears who were beaten by more than 60 points the last time the sides met.
The players, who had been out of action for several weeks due to weather conditions, repelled endless waves of attack to limit the score to 10-0 at half time.
Although the Exiles extended their lead after the interval, the Bears could have enjoyed their own scores had it not been for missed penalties and crucial handling errors.
You may also want to watch:
Skipper Aaron Boxall declared himself delighted with his side’s commitment and said the Bears would continue to work hard in training.
March will take on an Ely Development XV on Saturday at the Elm Road Sports Field as they continue their push to climb the Greene King Super Deuxieme Nord League table. Kick off is 2pm.
- 1 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 2 Three stores evacuated after suspect 'bomb scare'
- 3 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 4 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 5 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 6 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 7 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 8 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
- 9 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 10 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre