March Bears put in heroic defensive performance in loss to league challengers
MARCH Bears put in a tireless defensive performance as they were defeated by league challengers Cambridge Exiles on Saturday.
A determined Bears side battled bravely against the Exiles’ flowing attacking rugby in a 36-0 defeat.
It was a stubborn performance from the Bears who were beaten by more than 60 points the last time the sides met.
The players, who had been out of action for several weeks due to weather conditions, repelled endless waves of attack to limit the score to 10-0 at half time.
Although the Exiles extended their lead after the interval, the Bears could have enjoyed their own scores had it not been for missed penalties and crucial handling errors.
You may also want to watch:
Skipper Aaron Boxall declared himself delighted with his side’s commitment and said the Bears would continue to work hard in training.
March will take on an Ely Development XV on Saturday at the Elm Road Sports Field as they continue their push to climb the Greene King Super Deuxieme Nord League table. Kick off is 2pm.
- 1 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 2 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 3 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 4 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 5 MP wants an end to floods misery in the Fens
- 6 All staff and residents at Chatteris care home now vaccinated against Covid
- 7 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 8 Dad has 'much more energy to run around' with son after losing four stone
- 9 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 10 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs already this year