March Bears suffer double injury blow during pre-season victory over Sawston
DEBUTANT Jason Ramsey cruelly damaged knee ligaments on Saturday as March Bears suffered a double injury blow during their friendly victory over Sawston.
The injuries to Ramsey and Ben Saxby, who left the field of play with a suspected broken big toe, cast a shadow over the Bears’ 21-12 win.
March fought back from 12-0 down at half-time to secure the morale-boosting pre-season success as their preparations for the new rugby season came to a close.
Tries from Stacey Mould, Simon Althoff and Kris Feaviour helped secure the win. Sean Saxby kicked three conversions.
March travel to Bury Wolves on Saturday for their first game in the Greene King Super Premiere Merit League next season after successfully appealing for promotion. March’s Legends XV host Ely 3.
You may also want to watch:
Bears president Barry Feetham said: “It is important that we have a positive start to the season in the top tier of the Greene King merit tables.
“The down side to Saturday’s win was the injuries we picked up but I endorse coach Richard Horne’s words in hoping that they both make a speedy recovery.”
- 1 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 2 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 3 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 4 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 5 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 6 Five generations of family members meet up for the first time
- 7 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 8 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 9 Heroin worth £1.7m found in holdall in car in St Neots
- 10 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby