March ABC members put on an impressive boxing show for local supporters
- Credit: Archant
March Amateur Boxing Club put on a show for a crowd of over 300 at the Braza Club.
A total of 13 bouts were staged, with Steve Barclay MP attending and Commonwealth champion Jordan Gill handing out trophies.
Eight of the 11 March boxers in action were able to celebrate wins, with Josh Tanner beating Leicester City’s Shae Gowler for the first of them.
Debutant Billy Baxter earned a unanimous points triumph after a great display, while Sonny McElliot beat Tyler Roberts, from Campol BC, by a unanimous decision.
There was a split points win for Conor Brazil against Sileby’s Callum Heagney, as his patience and determintion paid off in a hard-fought contest.
Carlos Alessandrino was the first of five seniors in action against Shaun Probert, who took a standing eight count in the second round of a hard-fought encounter.
Alessandrino went on to earn a unanimous points win, before Markos Mylosis claimed victory by the same margin over Bradley Meachen.
- 1 Second river crash in a week as driver escapes injury
- 2 A47 near Wisbech set to close for seven weekends due to roadworks
- 3 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 4 Farmer wins appeal to convert derelict barn into a house
- 5 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 6 Jail for suspected hare courser who forced cars off road during police pursuit
- 7 Council to spend a penny or two from £8.4m 'pot' on new loos
- 8 Man set to stand trial accused of teen daughter's murder
- 9 56-bed care home backers revise access proposals
- 10 Two suffer serious injuries after A10 crash
Mozambique boxer Bernaldo Marime was next into the ring, having suffered with flu during the week, and managed to put that aside to beat Courtney Frimpong (Attleborough) by unanimous points.
England Development squad member Regan Lazenby faced off against Daniel Gibson, from the Evolve Boxing Club, and produced a stunning display to win a unanimous points decision and also claim the boxer of the night award.
Shaun Simpson suffered an unfortunate loss to Ross Symons in the last of the senior bouts, after brothers Quentin and Westley Doran had also tasted defeats earlier in the evening.
The March club thanked all those who continue to attend their events, as well as their sponsors, and are planning another show on Friday April 12.
Anyone who might be interested in sponsoring the club can contact Hayley Wynn at firstname.lastname@example.org.