March ABC members put on an impressive boxing show for local supporters
- Credit: Archant
March Amateur Boxing Club put on a show for a crowd of over 300 at the Braza Club.
A total of 13 bouts were staged, with Steve Barclay MP attending and Commonwealth champion Jordan Gill handing out trophies.
Eight of the 11 March boxers in action were able to celebrate wins, with Josh Tanner beating Leicester City’s Shae Gowler for the first of them.
Debutant Billy Baxter earned a unanimous points triumph after a great display, while Sonny McElliot beat Tyler Roberts, from Campol BC, by a unanimous decision.
There was a split points win for Conor Brazil against Sileby’s Callum Heagney, as his patience and determintion paid off in a hard-fought contest.
You may also want to watch:
Carlos Alessandrino was the first of five seniors in action against Shaun Probert, who took a standing eight count in the second round of a hard-fought encounter.
Alessandrino went on to earn a unanimous points win, before Markos Mylosis claimed victory by the same margin over Bradley Meachen.
- 1 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 2 Three stores evacuated after suspect 'bomb scare'
- 3 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 4 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 5 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 6 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 7 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
- 8 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 9 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 10 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
Mozambique boxer Bernaldo Marime was next into the ring, having suffered with flu during the week, and managed to put that aside to beat Courtney Frimpong (Attleborough) by unanimous points.
England Development squad member Regan Lazenby faced off against Daniel Gibson, from the Evolve Boxing Club, and produced a stunning display to win a unanimous points decision and also claim the boxer of the night award.
Shaun Simpson suffered an unfortunate loss to Ross Symons in the last of the senior bouts, after brothers Quentin and Westley Doran had also tasted defeats earlier in the evening.
The March club thanked all those who continue to attend their events, as well as their sponsors, and are planning another show on Friday April 12.
Anyone who might be interested in sponsoring the club can contact Hayley Wynn at email@example.com.