March Town Boxing Club success at Whittlesey ABC show
- Credit: Archant
March Town Boxing Club enjoyed a successful evening at the recent Whittlesey ABC show on Saturday May 19.
Sonny McElligott took on a boxer from the Campol Club, Peterborough, in a skills bout.
This was an entertaining contest with Sonny showing good offensive and defensive skills.
Next up was Quenton Doran in a schoolboys contest against a boxer from Whittlesey ABC.
Quenton boxed very well over the three rounds to win by unanimous decision.
You may also want to watch:
Finally, Owen Davis, who lives in Whittlesey but boxes for March, took on Joe Lafferty from Lucky Star ABC, Leicester.
In this youth bout Owen boxed well behind a high guard against a strong opponent.
- 1 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 2 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 3 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 4 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 5 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 6 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 7 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 8 Dad of two killed on Fen road
- 9 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 10 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart
All three rounds were competitive but Owen finished the bout strongly to claim the win by unanimous decision.
Big thanks to Gary and all the team from Whittlesey ABC for hosting us and organising a great show.
On May 26, Mark Smith boxed at the National Schoolboy Championship in Grantham. Mark boxed superbly, but was out pointed by his opponent.
Regan Lazenby outboxed his opponent in all three rounds in Norwich Lad’s ABC boxing show at The Holiday Inn.