March Town Boxing Club success at Whittlesey ABC show
- Credit: Archant
March Town Boxing Club enjoyed a successful evening at the recent Whittlesey ABC show on Saturday May 19.
Sonny McElligott took on a boxer from the Campol Club, Peterborough, in a skills bout.
This was an entertaining contest with Sonny showing good offensive and defensive skills.
Next up was Quenton Doran in a schoolboys contest against a boxer from Whittlesey ABC.
Quenton boxed very well over the three rounds to win by unanimous decision.
Finally, Owen Davis, who lives in Whittlesey but boxes for March, took on Joe Lafferty from Lucky Star ABC, Leicester.
In this youth bout Owen boxed well behind a high guard against a strong opponent.
- 1 Man who ran 'fly-tippers paradise’ faces £32,000 bill
- 2 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 3 Cambridgeshire man stabbed partner in the neck while she held their baby
- 4 Pupils tell Ofsted school so good they don't want to leave
- 5 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 6 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 7 100th birthday for Clovelly House resident
- 8 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 9 March set to light a beacon for Platinum Jubilee
- 10 Drug driver attacked man with metal pole and spat at police
All three rounds were competitive but Owen finished the bout strongly to claim the win by unanimous decision.
Big thanks to Gary and all the team from Whittlesey ABC for hosting us and organising a great show.
On May 26, Mark Smith boxed at the National Schoolboy Championship in Grantham. Mark boxed superbly, but was out pointed by his opponent.
Regan Lazenby outboxed his opponent in all three rounds in Norwich Lad’s ABC boxing show at The Holiday Inn.