March Town Boxing Club success at Whittlesey ABC show
- Credit: Archant
March Town Boxing Club enjoyed a successful evening at the recent Whittlesey ABC show on Saturday May 19.
Sonny McElligott took on a boxer from the Campol Club, Peterborough, in a skills bout.
This was an entertaining contest with Sonny showing good offensive and defensive skills.
Next up was Quenton Doran in a schoolboys contest against a boxer from Whittlesey ABC.
Quenton boxed very well over the three rounds to win by unanimous decision.
You may also want to watch:
Finally, Owen Davis, who lives in Whittlesey but boxes for March, took on Joe Lafferty from Lucky Star ABC, Leicester.
In this youth bout Owen boxed well behind a high guard against a strong opponent.
- 1 Woman claims police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her
- 2 Bombshell result in village polls leaves 115 homes plan in doubt
- 3 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 4 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’
- 5 'A crash waiting to happen' say police
- 6 New ditch to relieve flood issues 'more challenging than expected'
- 7 ‘Shift well spent!’: Fen Cops target illegal motorists in day of action
- 8 Lorry driver makes a fundamental error at Fenland roundabout...
- 9 'Harassment' forces village speedwatch team to close
- 10 Tea rooms may become a bedsit
All three rounds were competitive but Owen finished the bout strongly to claim the win by unanimous decision.
Big thanks to Gary and all the team from Whittlesey ABC for hosting us and organising a great show.
On May 26, Mark Smith boxed at the National Schoolboy Championship in Grantham. Mark boxed superbly, but was out pointed by his opponent.
Regan Lazenby outboxed his opponent in all three rounds in Norwich Lad’s ABC boxing show at The Holiday Inn.