March boxing stars experience success across the country
- Credit: Archant
Boxing starlets from March Boxing Club were in action across the country last weekend.
Robert Tanner and Joe Steed travelled to Nottingham on May 6 to go toe-to-toe with some of the Midlands’ most promising young fighters, and both secured impressive victories.
Tanner won fight by unanimous decision, as did Steed, who was taking on a more experienced opponent in his maiden fight.
The following day, Shaun Simpson stepped through the ropes for only the third time, and was too strong for his opponent and eased to a unanimous points victory at a show in Luton.
Simpson’s win sets him up for his next bout, which is to take place in Peterborough this weekend.
Finally, on Sunday, Acer Smith and Josh Tanner took a trip to Sudbury, Suffolk, for the Association final of the Schoolboys Championships.
Unfortunately, Smith was knocked out of the competition after suffering a defeat, but 10-year-old Josh Tanner performed well in his skills bout, earning the praise of his coaches.
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 Live music, over 100 stalls and fair rides as Christmas market returns
- 3 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 4 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 5 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 6 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 7 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 8 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 9 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 10 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild