March boxing stars experience success across the country
- Credit: Archant
Boxing starlets from March Boxing Club were in action across the country last weekend.
Robert Tanner and Joe Steed travelled to Nottingham on May 6 to go toe-to-toe with some of the Midlands’ most promising young fighters, and both secured impressive victories.
Tanner won fight by unanimous decision, as did Steed, who was taking on a more experienced opponent in his maiden fight.
The following day, Shaun Simpson stepped through the ropes for only the third time, and was too strong for his opponent and eased to a unanimous points victory at a show in Luton.
Simpson’s win sets him up for his next bout, which is to take place in Peterborough this weekend.
You may also want to watch:
Finally, on Sunday, Acer Smith and Josh Tanner took a trip to Sudbury, Suffolk, for the Association final of the Schoolboys Championships.
Unfortunately, Smith was knocked out of the competition after suffering a defeat, but 10-year-old Josh Tanner performed well in his skills bout, earning the praise of his coaches.
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 4 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 5 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 6 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 7 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 8 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 9 Villagers stay strong to earn perfect post-lockdown record
- 10 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal