March boxing stars experience success across the country
- Credit: Archant
Boxing starlets from March Boxing Club were in action across the country last weekend.
Robert Tanner and Joe Steed travelled to Nottingham on May 6 to go toe-to-toe with some of the Midlands’ most promising young fighters, and both secured impressive victories.
Tanner won fight by unanimous decision, as did Steed, who was taking on a more experienced opponent in his maiden fight.
The following day, Shaun Simpson stepped through the ropes for only the third time, and was too strong for his opponent and eased to a unanimous points victory at a show in Luton.
Simpson’s win sets him up for his next bout, which is to take place in Peterborough this weekend.
You may also want to watch:
Finally, on Sunday, Acer Smith and Josh Tanner took a trip to Sudbury, Suffolk, for the Association final of the Schoolboys Championships.
Unfortunately, Smith was knocked out of the competition after suffering a defeat, but 10-year-old Josh Tanner performed well in his skills bout, earning the praise of his coaches.
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 3 Stunning drone footage shows prom night in all its glory
- 4 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 5 Yard sale raises over £1,400 from second annual event
- 6 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologises after 90mph police pursuit
- 7 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 8 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 9 Theatre group stalwart steps down after nine years
- 10 Rural theft cost Cambridgeshire £2 million in 2020