March boxing stars experience success across the country
- Credit: Archant
Boxing starlets from March Boxing Club were in action across the country last weekend.
Robert Tanner and Joe Steed travelled to Nottingham on May 6 to go toe-to-toe with some of the Midlands’ most promising young fighters, and both secured impressive victories.
Tanner won fight by unanimous decision, as did Steed, who was taking on a more experienced opponent in his maiden fight.
The following day, Shaun Simpson stepped through the ropes for only the third time, and was too strong for his opponent and eased to a unanimous points victory at a show in Luton.
Simpson’s win sets him up for his next bout, which is to take place in Peterborough this weekend.
You may also want to watch:
Finally, on Sunday, Acer Smith and Josh Tanner took a trip to Sudbury, Suffolk, for the Association final of the Schoolboys Championships.
Unfortunately, Smith was knocked out of the competition after suffering a defeat, but 10-year-old Josh Tanner performed well in his skills bout, earning the praise of his coaches.
- 1 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 2 Students dare to dream of England Lionesses spot after trial success
- 3 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 6 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
- 7 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 8 Live updates as cyclist is ‘hit by lorry’ near March secondary school
- 9 7 places to avoid the crowds in Cambs this summer
- 10 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors