March boxing stars experience success across the country
- Credit: Archant
Boxing starlets from March Boxing Club were in action across the country last weekend.
Robert Tanner and Joe Steed travelled to Nottingham on May 6 to go toe-to-toe with some of the Midlands’ most promising young fighters, and both secured impressive victories.
Tanner won fight by unanimous decision, as did Steed, who was taking on a more experienced opponent in his maiden fight.
The following day, Shaun Simpson stepped through the ropes for only the third time, and was too strong for his opponent and eased to a unanimous points victory at a show in Luton.
Simpson’s win sets him up for his next bout, which is to take place in Peterborough this weekend.
You may also want to watch:
Finally, on Sunday, Acer Smith and Josh Tanner took a trip to Sudbury, Suffolk, for the Association final of the Schoolboys Championships.
Unfortunately, Smith was knocked out of the competition after suffering a defeat, but 10-year-old Josh Tanner performed well in his skills bout, earning the praise of his coaches.
- 1 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 2 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 3 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 4 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 5 All staff and residents at Chatteris care home now vaccinated against Covid
- 6 MP wants an end to floods misery in the Fens
- 7 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 8 Dad has 'much more energy to run around' with son after losing four stone
- 9 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs already this year
- 10 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week