March club Sparta ABC gets BBC spotlight after boxers enjoy regional and national success
- Credit: Archant
The BBC spent an evening at Sparta Amateur Boxing Club in March filming a feature on the club’s recent success.
Look East sports editor Jonathan Park and cameraman Steve Hubbard filmed a piece highlighting the achievements of Neale-Wade Academy students Reece Oldfield and polish brothers Eryk, Gracjan and Kacper Ciureja.
With limited resources, through hard work and dedication from both coaches and boxers, Sparta have achieved multiple national and regional titles.
Eryk Ciureja was called up to the England team, but, because he has a Polish passport, he can not go to the European championships. There is a chance, however, he could represent Poland.
Run by a small group of volunteers led by head coach Matt Lenton, the club train six days a week (7pm-8.30pm) at the Colseed business park, Colseed Drove.
You may also want to watch:
The club relies on donations and support from private individuals and local business. If you would like to support the club, e-mail Andy at firstname.lastname@example.org
The club’s home show takes place at Neale-Wade Acadmey at 7pm on Saturday, October 17. Tickets £10 on the door. For more information, call Gary at 07565 715498.
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 3 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 6 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 7 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 8 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 9 Chief honours those who went 'over and beyond' to protect public
- 10 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police