March club Sparta ABC gets BBC spotlight after boxers enjoy regional and national success
- Credit: Archant
The BBC spent an evening at Sparta Amateur Boxing Club in March filming a feature on the club’s recent success.
Look East sports editor Jonathan Park and cameraman Steve Hubbard filmed a piece highlighting the achievements of Neale-Wade Academy students Reece Oldfield and polish brothers Eryk, Gracjan and Kacper Ciureja.
With limited resources, through hard work and dedication from both coaches and boxers, Sparta have achieved multiple national and regional titles.
Eryk Ciureja was called up to the England team, but, because he has a Polish passport, he can not go to the European championships. There is a chance, however, he could represent Poland.
Run by a small group of volunteers led by head coach Matt Lenton, the club train six days a week (7pm-8.30pm) at the Colseed business park, Colseed Drove.
You may also want to watch:
The club relies on donations and support from private individuals and local business. If you would like to support the club, e-mail Andy at firstname.lastname@example.org
The club’s home show takes place at Neale-Wade Acadmey at 7pm on Saturday, October 17. Tickets £10 on the door. For more information, call Gary at 07565 715498.
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 3 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 4 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 5 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 6 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 7 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 8 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 9 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 10 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers