March Cricket Club get first outing of the season
- Credit: Archant
MARCH Cricket Club’s first game of the season was brought to a premature end by the rain.
They welcomed Downham Town CC, who beat neighbours Wisbech CC in the previous game, to The Avenue for an annual friendly fixture.
The visitors batted first and made an imposing 231-2 from 45 overs.
Two of their top four retired once they had reached their half-centuries.
Second team regulars Andy Wright and Richard Green both produced economic nine over stints, with seamer Wright taking 1-30 and off-spinner Green 0-30.
You may also want to watch:
The only other wicket to fall was again from a second string player - leg-spinner Nathan Oliver, who returned figures of 1-25.
March’s reply started solidly, with Tommy Howgego (38no) and Tyler Phillips (17no) taking the score to 60 without loss after 16 overs.
- 1 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 2 Mobile upgrade work may cause TV interference
- 3 Rob's 'walk of thanks' for Magpas Air Ambulance
- 4 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 5 MP the “most handsome and kindest member of the government’
- 6 Depleted Bears fight back to earn friendly victory
- 7 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash
- 8 Drug dealing pair caught thanks to eagle-eyed neighbours
- 9 Covid-19 job loss prompts Martin to launch out on his own
- 10 'No excuse' not to publish costs says funeral director
But the rain came and prevented what would have been an enthralling run chase.
March kick off their Tucker League campaign on Saturday at home to Camden CC, with a 1pm start.