March Cricket Club get first outing of the season
- Credit: Archant
MARCH Cricket Club’s first game of the season was brought to a premature end by the rain.
They welcomed Downham Town CC, who beat neighbours Wisbech CC in the previous game, to The Avenue for an annual friendly fixture.
The visitors batted first and made an imposing 231-2 from 45 overs.
Two of their top four retired once they had reached their half-centuries.
Second team regulars Andy Wright and Richard Green both produced economic nine over stints, with seamer Wright taking 1-30 and off-spinner Green 0-30.
You may also want to watch:
The only other wicket to fall was again from a second string player - leg-spinner Nathan Oliver, who returned figures of 1-25.
March’s reply started solidly, with Tommy Howgego (38no) and Tyler Phillips (17no) taking the score to 60 without loss after 16 overs.
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 3 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 4 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 5 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 6 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 7 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 8 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 9 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 10 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
But the rain came and prevented what would have been an enthralling run chase.
March kick off their Tucker League campaign on Saturday at home to Camden CC, with a 1pm start.