March Cricket Club revamp pavilion and ground ahead of new season
- Credit: Archant
MARCH Town Cricket Club members and volunteers came together on Friday to renovate the club’s pavilion and ground ahead of the new season.
The club was taking part in Cricket-Force, a national ECB initiative sponsored by the National Westminister Bank.
Members and volunteers helped help to decorate the pavilion lounge and spring cleaned the kitchen.
The fencing was repaired, an inventory of the kit store was completed and lots of work completed on the outfield and dykes.
Fresh gravel was also spread around the car park.
You may also want to watch:
All helpers received a free t-shirt and tea, coffee and beef burgers were served to keep energy levels high.
Club chairman Les Mills said: “Good Friday was a very cold day but it was great to see so many members and volunteers turn out to help prepare the club for the new cricket season.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 5 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 6 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 7 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 8 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 9 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 10 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
“It is very hard work to maintain a large ground and square but it`s is our annual chance to assist our ground sub committee.
“Thanks to them our ground is considered by many as one of the best cricket grounds in the whole of Cambridgeshire.
“My special thanks to Martyn Wilkinson, Pat Lowe, Tich Lombardo and Dean Hall for all their support.”