March Cricket Club revamp pavilion and ground ahead of new season
- Credit: Archant
MARCH Town Cricket Club members and volunteers came together on Friday to renovate the club’s pavilion and ground ahead of the new season.
The club was taking part in Cricket-Force, a national ECB initiative sponsored by the National Westminister Bank.
Members and volunteers helped help to decorate the pavilion lounge and spring cleaned the kitchen.
The fencing was repaired, an inventory of the kit store was completed and lots of work completed on the outfield and dykes.
Fresh gravel was also spread around the car park.
You may also want to watch:
All helpers received a free t-shirt and tea, coffee and beef burgers were served to keep energy levels high.
Club chairman Les Mills said: “Good Friday was a very cold day but it was great to see so many members and volunteers turn out to help prepare the club for the new cricket season.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 3 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Dad has 'much more energy to run around' with son after losing four stone
- 6 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 7 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 8 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 9 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 10 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
“It is very hard work to maintain a large ground and square but it`s is our annual chance to assist our ground sub committee.
“Thanks to them our ground is considered by many as one of the best cricket grounds in the whole of Cambridgeshire.
“My special thanks to Martyn Wilkinson, Pat Lowe, Tich Lombardo and Dean Hall for all their support.”