CRICKET: March Town Cricket Club win historic Kirkland Cup final against Chatteris
- Credit: Archant
March Town Cricket Club scooped first prize at the Kirkland Cup after they beat Chatteris Cricket Club at a tense final on Monday, July 30.
It was the first year that the March team played in the historic cup and they beat Witcham and Welney before beating Chatteris by 17 runs at the final.
A spokesman said: “March batted first and scored 133 for two off their 15 x six ball overs. In reply Chatteris reached 116 for three off their 15 x six ball overs.
“The highest scorer was Adam Conyard 50 not out who received good support from Saranga Rajaguru 37.
“Man of the match Matt Hollis top scored with a superb 65 but was out in the penultimate over. Ben Hollis added support with 29 not out.”
You may also want to watch:
The Kirkland Cup competition is for cricket clubs in the old Isle of Ely area and was first played for in 1938 when it was won by Common Acre CC.
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Man who died in road crash is named
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 4 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 5 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 6 Wright hopes overseas ace's return boosts March Town play-off hopes
- 7 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 8 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 9 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 10 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million