March Crows go down to narrow defeat to Bourne in Jaidka Cup final
- Credit: Archant
Steve Seymour’s heroics were in vain as March Town Crows suffered Jaidka Cup final heartbreak at Bretton Gate last night.
They put up a spirited performance but lost by 17 runs to Bourne, who clinched their third title in five years.
Bourne batted first and posted a commanding 176-8 off their 20 overs, with Rob Bentley making an unbeaten 50 off 28 balls.
The pick of March’s bowlers was Stuart Mills (2-27) but, as a unit, March conceded far too many extras (37).
In reply, Stephen Shaw fell for 12 but Seymour, who smashed 66 off 42 balls, and David Hodson (48), gave March more than a sniff of victory.
You may also want to watch:
They needed 46 runs off the last five overs but fell away at the death to end on 159-9.
- 1 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Green light for off-licence despite objections
- 4 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 5 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 6 All staff and residents at Chatteris care home now vaccinated against Covid
- 7 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 8 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 9 MP wants an end to floods misery in the Fens
- 10 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal