March Crows go down to narrow defeat to Bourne in Jaidka Cup final
- Credit: Archant
Steve Seymour’s heroics were in vain as March Town Crows suffered Jaidka Cup final heartbreak at Bretton Gate last night.
They put up a spirited performance but lost by 17 runs to Bourne, who clinched their third title in five years.
Bourne batted first and posted a commanding 176-8 off their 20 overs, with Rob Bentley making an unbeaten 50 off 28 balls.
The pick of March’s bowlers was Stuart Mills (2-27) but, as a unit, March conceded far too many extras (37).
In reply, Stephen Shaw fell for 12 but Seymour, who smashed 66 off 42 balls, and David Hodson (48), gave March more than a sniff of victory.
You may also want to watch:
They needed 46 runs off the last five overs but fell away at the death to end on 159-9.
- 1 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 2 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 6 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 7 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 8 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 9 Fenland BusFest is back in Whittlesey this weekend
- 10 Fens crime gang ‘boss’ jailed