March Crows go down to narrow defeat to Bourne in Jaidka Cup final
- Credit: Archant
Steve Seymour’s heroics were in vain as March Town Crows suffered Jaidka Cup final heartbreak at Bretton Gate last night.
They put up a spirited performance but lost by 17 runs to Bourne, who clinched their third title in five years.
Bourne batted first and posted a commanding 176-8 off their 20 overs, with Rob Bentley making an unbeaten 50 off 28 balls.
The pick of March’s bowlers was Stuart Mills (2-27) but, as a unit, March conceded far too many extras (37).
In reply, Stephen Shaw fell for 12 but Seymour, who smashed 66 off 42 balls, and David Hodson (48), gave March more than a sniff of victory.
You may also want to watch:
They needed 46 runs off the last five overs but fell away at the death to end on 159-9.
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Man escapes ‘shocking case’ of modern slavery at hand car wash
- 3 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 4 DJ, 11, branded 'an inspiration' after winning top award
- 5 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 6 WATCH: Air ambulances can't land after hospital helipad wrecked by US aircraft
- 7 Man who died in road crash is named
- 8 Photographer amazed by praise thanks to stunning images of space
- 9 NHS hired conman on £320,000 five months after he was unmasked
- 10 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream