March demolish opponents
MARCH I were in a ruthless mood in Saturday s Tucker League match at Wareham and demolished their opponents to win by seven wickets. Only two home batsmen made it into double figures as the March bowlers took charge. Australian Ben Stallworthy (4-34), Kur
MARCH I were in a ruthless mood in Saturday's Tucker League match at Wareham and demolished their opponents to win by seven wickets.
Only two home batsmen made it into double figures as the March bowlers took charge. Australian Ben Stallworthy (4-34), Kurt Cunningham (3-1) and Chris Ringham (3-27) were all in scintillating form to dismiss their opponents for just 93 runs.
Stallworthy was caught for a duck but the visitors responded and Shardul Brahmbhatt hit a fine 54 to guide March to their target.
The only other fixture involving a March team was Saturday's friendly between Ely and Haddenham and March II.
Visitors March posted a good score of 197-6 largely thanks to excellent knocks by Pat Ringham (64 not out) and Brian Tombs (50).
The home side made a solid start to their innings but once the March bowlers had found their form, Ely and Haddenham were up against it.
- 1 Drink-drivers banned off the roads after being caught in March and Wisbech
- 2 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 3 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Three brass instruments worth £20k stolen from church
- 5 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 6 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 7 Whistleblower shares story of bullying, fatigue and 'dangerous' hours at ambulance service
- 8 Cannabis, cash and knives discovered after police raids in Whittlesey
- 9 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 10 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
Tombs (3-14), Patel (2-16), Stuart Arnold (2-40) and Jamie Stimpson (2-45) all made an impression to rattle through their opponents and dismiss them for 174.