March demolish opponents
MARCH I were in a ruthless mood in Saturday s Tucker League match at Wareham and demolished their opponents to win by seven wickets. Only two home batsmen made it into double figures as the March bowlers took charge. Australian Ben Stallworthy (4-34), Kur
MARCH I were in a ruthless mood in Saturday's Tucker League match at Wareham and demolished their opponents to win by seven wickets.
Only two home batsmen made it into double figures as the March bowlers took charge. Australian Ben Stallworthy (4-34), Kurt Cunningham (3-1) and Chris Ringham (3-27) were all in scintillating form to dismiss their opponents for just 93 runs.
Stallworthy was caught for a duck but the visitors responded and Shardul Brahmbhatt hit a fine 54 to guide March to their target.
The only other fixture involving a March team was Saturday's friendly between Ely and Haddenham and March II.
Visitors March posted a good score of 197-6 largely thanks to excellent knocks by Pat Ringham (64 not out) and Brian Tombs (50).
The home side made a solid start to their innings but once the March bowlers had found their form, Ely and Haddenham were up against it.
- 1 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 2 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 3 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 4 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 5 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 6 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 7 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 8 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
- 9 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
- 10 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
Tombs (3-14), Patel (2-16), Stuart Arnold (2-40) and Jamie Stimpson (2-45) all made an impression to rattle through their opponents and dismiss them for 174.