March demolish opponents
MARCH I were in a ruthless mood in Saturday s Tucker League match at Wareham and demolished their opponents to win by seven wickets. Only two home batsmen made it into double figures as the March bowlers took charge. Australian Ben Stallworthy (4-34), Kur
MARCH I were in a ruthless mood in Saturday's Tucker League match at Wareham and demolished their opponents to win by seven wickets.
Only two home batsmen made it into double figures as the March bowlers took charge. Australian Ben Stallworthy (4-34), Kurt Cunningham (3-1) and Chris Ringham (3-27) were all in scintillating form to dismiss their opponents for just 93 runs.
Stallworthy was caught for a duck but the visitors responded and Shardul Brahmbhatt hit a fine 54 to guide March to their target.
The only other fixture involving a March team was Saturday's friendly between Ely and Haddenham and March II.
You may also want to watch:
Visitors March posted a good score of 197-6 largely thanks to excellent knocks by Pat Ringham (64 not out) and Brian Tombs (50).
The home side made a solid start to their innings but once the March bowlers had found their form, Ely and Haddenham were up against it.
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 7 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 8 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision
- 9 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 10 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
Tombs (3-14), Patel (2-16), Stuart Arnold (2-40) and Jamie Stimpson (2-45) all made an impression to rattle through their opponents and dismiss them for 174.