March demolish opponents
MARCH I were in a ruthless mood in Saturday s Tucker League match at Wareham and demolished their opponents to win by seven wickets. Only two home batsmen made it into double figures as the March bowlers took charge. Australian Ben Stallworthy (4-34), Kur
MARCH I were in a ruthless mood in Saturday's Tucker League match at Wareham and demolished their opponents to win by seven wickets.
Only two home batsmen made it into double figures as the March bowlers took charge. Australian Ben Stallworthy (4-34), Kurt Cunningham (3-1) and Chris Ringham (3-27) were all in scintillating form to dismiss their opponents for just 93 runs.
Stallworthy was caught for a duck but the visitors responded and Shardul Brahmbhatt hit a fine 54 to guide March to their target.
The only other fixture involving a March team was Saturday's friendly between Ely and Haddenham and March II.
You may also want to watch:
Visitors March posted a good score of 197-6 largely thanks to excellent knocks by Pat Ringham (64 not out) and Brian Tombs (50).
The home side made a solid start to their innings but once the March bowlers had found their form, Ely and Haddenham were up against it.
- 1 All roads reopened after gas leaks cause day of disruption
- 2 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 3 Driver escapes injury after A14 lorry fire
- 4 Hauliers face Covid and Brexit HGV driver shortage
- 5 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 6 Police disrupt drug dealer's 'oven ready' cannabis stash
- 7 Family farmers win court case against oat milk giants
- 8 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 9 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 10 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
Tombs (3-14), Patel (2-16), Stuart Arnold (2-40) and Jamie Stimpson (2-45) all made an impression to rattle through their opponents and dismiss them for 174.