March dodgeball star Stephenson helps England Lions dominate European Championships
MARCH dodgeball star Emily Stephenson has spoken of her pride after she helped England Lions to victory in the European Championships in Sweden.
The university student, who only took up the emerging sport last year, helped power her country to a crushing victory - with the side remaining unbeaten throughout the tournament.
Stephenson said: “It was a complete clean sweep for us. Our toughest game of the whole tournament was against our own second team.
“It was a bit of a whirlwind of a weekend really but I’m proud to have been part of the side. We just dominated the whole event.
“I was happy with my performance. I made a few important catches and I think I was only out twice in the whole tournament.”
You may also want to watch:
Stephenson, 19, was called up to the country’s first women’s dodgeball team in July after impressing for her University of Bedfordshire side.
She will represent her country again at the Home Nations, held in Cardiff in March.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies