March dodgeball star Stephenson helps England Lions dominate European Championships
MARCH dodgeball star Emily Stephenson has spoken of her pride after she helped England Lions to victory in the European Championships in Sweden.
The university student, who only took up the emerging sport last year, helped power her country to a crushing victory - with the side remaining unbeaten throughout the tournament.
Stephenson said: “It was a complete clean sweep for us. Our toughest game of the whole tournament was against our own second team.
“It was a bit of a whirlwind of a weekend really but I’m proud to have been part of the side. We just dominated the whole event.
“I was happy with my performance. I made a few important catches and I think I was only out twice in the whole tournament.”
Stephenson, 19, was called up to the country’s first women’s dodgeball team in July after impressing for her University of Bedfordshire side.
She will represent her country again at the Home Nations, held in Cardiff in March.
- 1 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 2 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 3 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 4 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 5 Isabella, 10, impresses to win top prize ahead of Whittlesey Extravaganza
- 6 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 7 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 8 Leslie transforms his life thanks to remarkable weight loss
- 9 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 10 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman