March dodgeball star Stephenson helps England Lions dominate European Championships
MARCH dodgeball star Emily Stephenson has spoken of her pride after she helped England Lions to victory in the European Championships in Sweden.
The university student, who only took up the emerging sport last year, helped power her country to a crushing victory - with the side remaining unbeaten throughout the tournament.
Stephenson said: “It was a complete clean sweep for us. Our toughest game of the whole tournament was against our own second team.
“It was a bit of a whirlwind of a weekend really but I’m proud to have been part of the side. We just dominated the whole event.
“I was happy with my performance. I made a few important catches and I think I was only out twice in the whole tournament.”
You may also want to watch:
Stephenson, 19, was called up to the country’s first women’s dodgeball team in July after impressing for her University of Bedfordshire side.
She will represent her country again at the Home Nations, held in Cardiff in March.
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 3 Stunning drone footage shows prom night in all its glory
- 4 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 5 Yard sale raises over £1,400 from second annual event
- 6 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 7 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologises after 90mph police pursuit
- 8 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 9 Rural theft cost Cambridgeshire £2 million in 2020
- 10 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack