March dodgeball star Stephenson helps England Lions dominate European Championships
MARCH dodgeball star Emily Stephenson has spoken of her pride after she helped England Lions to victory in the European Championships in Sweden.
The university student, who only took up the emerging sport last year, helped power her country to a crushing victory - with the side remaining unbeaten throughout the tournament.
Stephenson said: “It was a complete clean sweep for us. Our toughest game of the whole tournament was against our own second team.
“It was a bit of a whirlwind of a weekend really but I’m proud to have been part of the side. We just dominated the whole event.
“I was happy with my performance. I made a few important catches and I think I was only out twice in the whole tournament.”
You may also want to watch:
Stephenson, 19, was called up to the country’s first women’s dodgeball team in July after impressing for her University of Bedfordshire side.
She will represent her country again at the Home Nations, held in Cardiff in March.
- 1 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Green light for off-licence despite objections
- 4 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 5 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 6 All staff and residents at Chatteris care home now vaccinated against Covid
- 7 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 8 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 9 MP wants an end to floods misery in the Fens
- 10 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal