March draw with Godmanchester in rain affected match
MARCH Firsts were at home to Godmanchester on Saturday in CCA Premier League Division 1 for a rain affected game which resulted in a draw.
Godmanchester batted first and made a formidable 259-3 off 38 overs. Opener Michael Cafferkey made 70 and his partner Taylor West, 69. They were supported by Wayne Bradley (47) and Trent Pascoe (52no).
The six March bowlers used found it hard going. Christopher Ringham took 1-47. Stuart Mills 1-73 and Richard Green 1-45.
In reply, March opener Matt Wilcox made an outstanding 100 not out. March’s next highest score was 17 by Robert Tombs. After 44 overs March finished with 156-5.
Godmanchester used seven bowlers, the best of whom was Trent Pascoe who took two wickets for 53 runs. Taking one each were Paul Swannell (1-25), Simon Rose (1-25) and Simon Cafferkey (1-9).
You may also want to watch:
The teams are lying 5th and 6th in the Tucker Gardner League and Godmanchester consolidated its place by taking 12 points from the match while March added three.
- 1 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 2 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 3 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 4 ‘Shovel-ready’ mayor brings key schemes back from the brink
- 5 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 6 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 7 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 8 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 9 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 10 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now