March draw with Godmanchester in rain affected match
MARCH Firsts were at home to Godmanchester on Saturday in CCA Premier League Division 1 for a rain affected game which resulted in a draw.
Godmanchester batted first and made a formidable 259-3 off 38 overs. Opener Michael Cafferkey made 70 and his partner Taylor West, 69. They were supported by Wayne Bradley (47) and Trent Pascoe (52no).
The six March bowlers used found it hard going. Christopher Ringham took 1-47. Stuart Mills 1-73 and Richard Green 1-45.
In reply, March opener Matt Wilcox made an outstanding 100 not out. March’s next highest score was 17 by Robert Tombs. After 44 overs March finished with 156-5.
Godmanchester used seven bowlers, the best of whom was Trent Pascoe who took two wickets for 53 runs. Taking one each were Paul Swannell (1-25), Simon Rose (1-25) and Simon Cafferkey (1-9).
You may also want to watch:
The teams are lying 5th and 6th in the Tucker Gardner League and Godmanchester consolidated its place by taking 12 points from the match while March added three.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million