March draw with Godmanchester in rain affected match
MARCH Firsts were at home to Godmanchester on Saturday in CCA Premier League Division 1 for a rain affected game which resulted in a draw.
Godmanchester batted first and made a formidable 259-3 off 38 overs. Opener Michael Cafferkey made 70 and his partner Taylor West, 69. They were supported by Wayne Bradley (47) and Trent Pascoe (52no).
The six March bowlers used found it hard going. Christopher Ringham took 1-47. Stuart Mills 1-73 and Richard Green 1-45.
In reply, March opener Matt Wilcox made an outstanding 100 not out. March’s next highest score was 17 by Robert Tombs. After 44 overs March finished with 156-5.
Godmanchester used seven bowlers, the best of whom was Trent Pascoe who took two wickets for 53 runs. Taking one each were Paul Swannell (1-25), Simon Rose (1-25) and Simon Cafferkey (1-9).
You may also want to watch:
The teams are lying 5th and 6th in the Tucker Gardner League and Godmanchester consolidated its place by taking 12 points from the match while March added three.
- 1 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 2 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 3 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 4 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 5 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 6 Slimmer's life-changing weight loss story
- 7 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart
- 8 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 9 Man attempts to smuggle MDMA tablets disguised as Mars Bar into jail
- 10 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating