March Firsts and Wisbech Firsts in Tucker Gardner Division 1 stalemate
WISBECH Town were the guests of March on Saturday for what turned out to be a very close match.
Wisbech won the toss and decided to bat first and were bowled out for 213, but after six overs Wisbech found themselves at 24-4 and on the wrong end of a golden spell by March skipper Chris Ringham.
Wisbech’s top scorer was number eight batsman Ivan Burgess who made 62 before being caught by Ringham off the bowling of Robert Tombs. Number 10 Brad Apted, was next highest scorer with 54 not out.
March used six bowlers, the most successful of whom was Ringham who took 4-65 off 14 overs including three maidens. Tombs bowled 10 balls and took two wickets for 13 runs.
Stuart Mills also took two wickets and Matt Wilcox and Callum Young took one each.
You may also want to watch:
In reply, March got off to the worst possible start, losing both openers for nought, then numbers four and five batsmen also for nought. At once point the score was 15-4. Tombs at number three scored 26 before being adjudged lbw to Brad Apted.
James Harradine top scored for March with 47 and was well supported by Mills who finished with 26 not out. Mills and Ringham (18no) saw March to the end of play with a total of 144-7 to secure the draw.
- 1 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Green light for off-licence despite objections
- 4 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 5 All staff and residents at Chatteris care home now vaccinated against Covid
- 6 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 7 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 8 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 9 MP wants an end to floods misery in the Fens
- 10 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
Wisbech used six bowlers and James Williams took 3-42 from his 15 overs. Sam Brandon, Apted, Gary Freear and Ivan Burgess each took a wicket.