March GC has new kids on the block
THERE are many young promising golfers at March Golf Club and they showed their potential at the club s captains day on Saturday. More than 90 men and women competed for honours in the competition and Piers Kitson, 14, from March took the top prize when
THERE are many young promising golfers at March Golf Club and they showed their potential at the club's captains' day on Saturday.
More than 90 men and women competed for honours in the competition and Piers Kitson, 14, from March took the top prize when he returned a score of 66, one shot ahead of Barry Howlett and three shots ahead of Colin Watkins in third.
Piers, who plays off a handicap of 12, made it a day to remember by also winning the target golf competition and picking up the best junior award.
Club captain, Norman Topliss said: "It was an extremely successful event and following a good competition during the day, many of the players stayed on for the presentations in the evening."
You may also want to watch:
He added: "We have several very good juniors at the club and it is very encouraging to see young players performing well.
- 1 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 2 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 3 Body found in Wisbech road
- 4 Diamond celebrations for former mayor and council chairman
- 5 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 6 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 7 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 8 Survey finds staggering 97 cent support for new Aldi store
- 9 Students highlight road safety in new films
- 10 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens