March Golf Club round up events of the season
- Credit: Archant
March Golf Club members have been busy gathering up wins and trophies in a series of games during the summer.
The ladies team played in the past captains v ladies which resulted in the ladies winning very convincingly.
The Texas Scramble result August 27 was 1st - C With, G Brinn, R Watts, D Williams with 59.65, 2nd B Salih, P Smith, G Lockwood, S Canavan with 59.7 and 3rd K Roberts, T Roberts, M George, M Simpson with 59.8
They played the Phil Potter Trophy and medal on August 28.
The winner was Emma Norman with a gross 85. She also won the medal with a nett 73 ahead of Ros Humphrey also with nett 73 (ocb) and 3rd was Viv Snushall with a nett 77.
You may also want to watch:
The ladies team played a friendly against Ramsey at home on Wednesday August 29 which resulted in Ramsey winning three games to one.
Seniors Mickey Dutton-Wells held on 29-08-18. 1st Alan Jones with 40 Points, 2nd Paul Wood with 37 Points, 3rd Roger Watts with 35 Points.
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 3 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 4 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 6 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 7 Students dare to dream of England Lionesses spot after trial success
- 8 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 9 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 10 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
The ladies played their last big event of the season on Tuesday September 4.
The Autumn meeting individual stableford and also Canada Cup format for the day where 24 ladies took part.
Great scores came in on the day with Jean Alterton winning with 40 points, runner up was Viv Snushall with 39 points and 3rd Gail Arnold with 35 points.
The Canada Cup winners were Viv, Snushall, Penny Gilbert and Pam Hawes with a total of 32 points.
The nearest the pin on second hole was Gail Arnold and nearest the line on eighth was Fiona Wood