March Golf Club round up events of the season
- Credit: Archant
March Golf Club members have been busy gathering up wins and trophies in a series of games during the summer.
The ladies team played in the past captains v ladies which resulted in the ladies winning very convincingly.
The Texas Scramble result August 27 was 1st - C With, G Brinn, R Watts, D Williams with 59.65, 2nd B Salih, P Smith, G Lockwood, S Canavan with 59.7 and 3rd K Roberts, T Roberts, M George, M Simpson with 59.8
They played the Phil Potter Trophy and medal on August 28.
The winner was Emma Norman with a gross 85. She also won the medal with a nett 73 ahead of Ros Humphrey also with nett 73 (ocb) and 3rd was Viv Snushall with a nett 77.
The ladies team played a friendly against Ramsey at home on Wednesday August 29 which resulted in Ramsey winning three games to one.
Seniors Mickey Dutton-Wells held on 29-08-18. 1st Alan Jones with 40 Points, 2nd Paul Wood with 37 Points, 3rd Roger Watts with 35 Points.
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 3 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 4 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman
- 5 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 6 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 7 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 8 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 9 Isabella, 10, impresses to win top prize ahead of Whittlesey Extravaganza
- 10 Woman in court over town pub burglary
The ladies played their last big event of the season on Tuesday September 4.
The Autumn meeting individual stableford and also Canada Cup format for the day where 24 ladies took part.
Great scores came in on the day with Jean Alterton winning with 40 points, runner up was Viv Snushall with 39 points and 3rd Gail Arnold with 35 points.
The Canada Cup winners were Viv, Snushall, Penny Gilbert and Pam Hawes with a total of 32 points.
The nearest the pin on second hole was Gail Arnold and nearest the line on eighth was Fiona Wood