New captain for March Golf Club – Mick Russell for 2018
- Credit: Archant
The annual meeting of the March Golf Club took place on Thursday December 14 where Ivan Roberts handed over captaincy to Mick Russell for 2018.
Barry Cracknell, chairman, gave his report for the year thanking the departing captains for their hard work – Ivan Roberts for the men and Fiona Wood for the women.
He thanked the management committee for all their hard work and the volunteers who give up their time and effort to help the club.
Fred Gordon, who was nominated as a finalist at the ‘CAGU Golf Volunteer of the year Awards’ representing March Golf Club received a special thank you from the chairman.
Ivan Roberts presented trophies to prize winners for the season and thanked all for the support he’s had this year as captain. He spoke of how he had ‘enjoyed the privilege of representing the club throughout the year’.
You may also want to watch:
Ivan handed over captaincy to Mick Russell who introduced himself and said he was ‘honoured to become captain’ and would ‘fulfil the role to the best of his ability’.
Mick announced his vice-captain, Alan Jones. Mr Jones is a well respected member of March Golf Club and has been a member for many years.
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 3 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 4 Theatre group stalwart steps down after nine years
- 5 Yard sale raises over £1,400 from second annual event
- 6 Health chief’s stark warning: ‘The virus doesn’t care we changed the rules’
- 7 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologised after 90mph police pursuit
- 8 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 9 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 10 Medieval pottery unearthed at Cambs campsite
At the completion of his speech, Mick introduced the incoming ladies captain, Lydia Molyneux, and wished all attendees a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year with a prosperous golfing year for all.