March Golf Club announces club championship winners
- Credit: March Golf Club
March Golf Club held a club championship over the weekend on June 11 and 12.
On Saturday, 72 contestants joined the competition trying to achieve a place in the final the next day.
The first competition for Scratch medal was won by Lewis Hearn, fellow competitors Mike Jackman and Max Flintoft came in second and third place respectively.
Gary Brinn came first in the second part of the competition, the Handicap championship.
Second and third place were taken up by Nick Carter and Derek Wisbey.
The cups were presented by the club’s captain, James Campbell.
James said: “This is a prestigious championship to win and the players should be proud of their achievement.
- 1 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 2 Man assaulted woman and verbally abused hotel staff
- 3 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
- 4 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 5 Man charged following Peterborough murder
- 6 Clarion Housing ‘cyber incident’ affects thousands of tenants
- 7 Man dies after van and lorry crash on A141
- 8 Woman who twice ignored 'no fly tipping' signs faces two fines
- 9 Man arrested following Peterborough 'murder'
- 10 Motorcyclist killed after driver fell asleep at the wheel
“It was hard going playing in the high winds on Saturday, but the course is in fantastic condition, thanks to Blue Revell, his green keeping team the volunteers, everyone had a great weekend”.