March Golf Club apprentice Blue in regional final for Toro Student Greenkeeper of the Year Award
- Credit: Archant
An apprentice greenkeeper at March Golf Club has been selected to represent the College of West Anglia at the regional final of the Toro Student Greenkeeper of the Year Award.
Blue Revell joined March Golf Club last year and, if successful, will win an eight-week Toro scholarship to study the latest American turf management techniques.
He will also win a tour of Toro headquarters and visit the 2016 Golf Industry Show in San Diego.
Alex Oldham, March Golf Club’s professional, said: “Blue works hard and has made a valuable contribution to the upkeep of the course.
“His approach to his work is commendable and has contributed to the fine condition of the golf course.
You may also want to watch:
“We hope he stays at March Golf Club and develops his career for many years. Of course we also wish him well in the competition.”
The results will announced later this year.
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 5 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 6 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 7 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 8 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 9 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision
- 10 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list