GOLF: March Golf Club captain given fitting send-off at presentation night
- Credit: Archant
It was prizes galore for the March Golf Club ladies team at their presentation night this week.
Several trophies were awarded on Wednesday after a successful campaign for the team, including impressive results at the Members and Friends Day and the Sunday Medal tournament held in June and July respectively.
Vice captain Emma Norman claimed the Phyl Potter Championship, along with a host of other successes.
Captain Sandra Russell held the team's annual AGM on the same day and thanked all members for their support throughout the year.
Russell also announced that £1,530 was raised for her chosen charity, The Lullaby Trust, before handing over the captaincy to Norman for the 2020 season.
You may also want to watch:
The Lullaby Trust was set up in 1971 and provides emotional support for bereaved families, while offering advice on safer baby sleep and raising awareness of sudden infant death.
To find out more information on the club and how to join, visit http://www.marchgolfclub.co.uk/.
- 1 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 2 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 3 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 4 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 5 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 6 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 7 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 8 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 9 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 10 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement