March Golf Club says thank you to stalwart steward Peter who is calling it a day
- Credit: Archant
March Golf Club stalwart Peter Barnes is retiring after 30 years.
The 66 year-old has been a central figure at the club, doing everything from hoovering the clubhouse to looking after the bar. In 2009, he was chairman of the Golf Club Stewards Association.
He said: “It will be hard to step away. I’ll miss it a lot - there’s no doubt about that. I’ve made a lot of friends and hopefully we’ll stay friends.”
On the course, the winners of the Texas Scramble were Peter Ridgway, Andy Parsonage, Richard Cannell and Steve Campbell. Second were Carl Barnes, Tony Barnes, Ross Grant and Roger Patyn.
PGA Lombard Pro-Am Qualifier: Division 1 winner - Isaac Rowlands 66 points, 2nd Steve Campbell 71, 3rd Gary Neugebauer 72. Division 2 - 1st T Barnes 68, 2nd Simon Moore 74, 3rd Daniel Jenkins 74.
You may also want to watch:
The ladies team of Ros Humphreys, Brenda Softley, Jo Rowlett, Lydia Molyneux and Sarah Oldham won the second round of the Mail on Sunday against Ryston.
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 4 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 5 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 6 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 7 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 8 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 9 Villagers stay strong to earn perfect post-lockdown record
- 10 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal