March Golf Club says thank you to stalwart steward Peter who is calling it a day
- Credit: Archant
March Golf Club stalwart Peter Barnes is retiring after 30 years.
The 66 year-old has been a central figure at the club, doing everything from hoovering the clubhouse to looking after the bar. In 2009, he was chairman of the Golf Club Stewards Association.
He said: “It will be hard to step away. I’ll miss it a lot - there’s no doubt about that. I’ve made a lot of friends and hopefully we’ll stay friends.”
On the course, the winners of the Texas Scramble were Peter Ridgway, Andy Parsonage, Richard Cannell and Steve Campbell. Second were Carl Barnes, Tony Barnes, Ross Grant and Roger Patyn.
PGA Lombard Pro-Am Qualifier: Division 1 winner - Isaac Rowlands 66 points, 2nd Steve Campbell 71, 3rd Gary Neugebauer 72. Division 2 - 1st T Barnes 68, 2nd Simon Moore 74, 3rd Daniel Jenkins 74.
You may also want to watch:
The ladies team of Ros Humphreys, Brenda Softley, Jo Rowlett, Lydia Molyneux and Sarah Oldham won the second round of the Mail on Sunday against Ryston.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 4 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 5 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 6 Dad has 'much more energy to run around' with son after losing four stone
- 7 MP wants an end to floods misery in the Fens
- 8 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 9 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 10 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer