March Golf Club says thank you to stalwart steward Peter who is calling it a day
- Credit: Archant
March Golf Club stalwart Peter Barnes is retiring after 30 years.
The 66 year-old has been a central figure at the club, doing everything from hoovering the clubhouse to looking after the bar. In 2009, he was chairman of the Golf Club Stewards Association.
He said: “It will be hard to step away. I’ll miss it a lot - there’s no doubt about that. I’ve made a lot of friends and hopefully we’ll stay friends.”
On the course, the winners of the Texas Scramble were Peter Ridgway, Andy Parsonage, Richard Cannell and Steve Campbell. Second were Carl Barnes, Tony Barnes, Ross Grant and Roger Patyn.
PGA Lombard Pro-Am Qualifier: Division 1 winner - Isaac Rowlands 66 points, 2nd Steve Campbell 71, 3rd Gary Neugebauer 72. Division 2 - 1st T Barnes 68, 2nd Simon Moore 74, 3rd Daniel Jenkins 74.
The ladies team of Ros Humphreys, Brenda Softley, Jo Rowlett, Lydia Molyneux and Sarah Oldham won the second round of the Mail on Sunday against Ryston.
- 1 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 2 Whittlesey and March serve up cup thriller ahead of crucial weekend
- 3 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 4 Live music, over 100 stalls and fair rides as Christmas market returns
- 5 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 6 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 7 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 8 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 9 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild
- 10 Gill ready to 'give fans a show' amid European title frustration