March Golf Club says thank you to stalwart steward Peter who is calling it a day
- Credit: Archant
March Golf Club stalwart Peter Barnes is retiring after 30 years.
The 66 year-old has been a central figure at the club, doing everything from hoovering the clubhouse to looking after the bar. In 2009, he was chairman of the Golf Club Stewards Association.
He said: “It will be hard to step away. I’ll miss it a lot - there’s no doubt about that. I’ve made a lot of friends and hopefully we’ll stay friends.”
On the course, the winners of the Texas Scramble were Peter Ridgway, Andy Parsonage, Richard Cannell and Steve Campbell. Second were Carl Barnes, Tony Barnes, Ross Grant and Roger Patyn.
PGA Lombard Pro-Am Qualifier: Division 1 winner - Isaac Rowlands 66 points, 2nd Steve Campbell 71, 3rd Gary Neugebauer 72. Division 2 - 1st T Barnes 68, 2nd Simon Moore 74, 3rd Daniel Jenkins 74.
You may also want to watch:
The ladies team of Ros Humphreys, Brenda Softley, Jo Rowlett, Lydia Molyneux and Sarah Oldham won the second round of the Mail on Sunday against Ryston.
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 3 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 6 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 7 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 8 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
- 9 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 10 Motor cyclist killed in March crash