March Golf Club enjoy impressive turnout in male and female competitions
- Credit: Archant
March Golf Club enjoyed healthy numbers in both their male and female competitions last week.
28 ladies took part in the Members and Friends Day last Tuesday, who narrowly avoided the rainy conditions.
Nearest to the pin on second and 11th holes was won by Maria Fox from Dereham, nearest the pin on the sixth and 15th was won by Aly Wise from Hunstanton and nearest the line was won by Gail Johnson from March.
The winning team was Pam Hawes & Georgie Millett from March and Sandi Carrington & Angela Storey from St Ives with 79 points.
On Thursday (June 20), the Ladies team then played in The Dunham Cup.
Emma Norman won after going out in 49 and coming in with 42 whilst scoring 4 pars, ending with a net score of 79.
Pam Hawes finished second with net 82, followed closely by Pam Wallis with net 85.
- 1 56-bed care home backers revise access proposals
- 2 Council to spend a penny or two from £8.4m 'pot' on new loos
- 3 Farmer wins appeal to convert derelict barn into a house
- 4 Seven places where £4.9m road maintenance has been approved
- 5 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 6 Jail for paedophile who photographed abuse
- 7 Knife attack man hid over £3,500 of drugs at mum's home
- 8 Footballer, Harry, hoping for future in professional football
- 9 Depleted villagers battle on in courageous defeat
- 10 £4,000 raised for Natalie to live her dreams after cancer diagnosis
There were 43 entries for The President's Day held on Sunday (June 23), featuring 36 men and 7 ladies, who took part in an individual stableford competition.
Nearest to the pin on the ninth and 18th holes was Gary Neugebauer, and nearest on the sixth and 15th for the ladies was Jo Rowlett.
Peter Coventry won the men's competition with 37 points, although Sean Edwards finished second with the same points tally, and Stephen Campbell came third with 36 points.
In the ladies category, Norman won with a score of 40 points, followed by Jo Rowlett and Sandra Russell with 30 and 26 points respectively.
The day rounded off with a meal and award presentation in the clubhouse, presented by club president, Richard Cannell.