Golf: March members battle for honours
- Credit: Archant
March Golf Club members battled it out for honours in three big competitions last week.
The ladies played for the Clarks Trophy, with the event having been rescheduled, and Brenda Softley came out on top with 31 points.
One of the club's newest members, Emma Smith, was second with 29 points after coming through the academy ranks, while Carole Wood took third with 24.
The annual Selby Taylor sponsored competition was won by Emma Norman (31) on Saturday, ahead of Jo Rowlett (28) and Gail Johnson (26) as 10 ladies took part.
Meanwhile, the men's competition was won by Nick Carter, who carded a superb 45-point haul.
You may also want to watch:
Gary Holmes finished second with 38 points, as Roger Watts (37) took third in a field of 61.
The second leg of the men's championship took place on Sunday, with Lewis Hearn winning best nett and Gary Neugebauer taking the best gross prize.
- 1 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 2 Retrospective bid for travellers' site
- 3 Council road sweeper vehicle involved in collision with car
- 4 Duke's death in midst of unprecedented times for country
- 5 Residents escape kitchen fire after bank holiday blaze
- 6 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 7 Former homeless recreate ‘Lunch atop a Skyscraper’ photograph
- 8 Cat saved from 15ft deep drain by firefighters in two-hour rescue
- 9 Cambridgeshire mourns death of HRH Prince Philip, The Duke of Edinburgh
- 10 Christine prepares to brave the shave for cancer-battling sister