Golf: March members battle for honours
- Credit: Archant
March Golf Club members battled it out for honours in three big competitions last week.
The ladies played for the Clarks Trophy, with the event having been rescheduled, and Brenda Softley came out on top with 31 points.
One of the club's newest members, Emma Smith, was second with 29 points after coming through the academy ranks, while Carole Wood took third with 24.
The annual Selby Taylor sponsored competition was won by Emma Norman (31) on Saturday, ahead of Jo Rowlett (28) and Gail Johnson (26) as 10 ladies took part.
Meanwhile, the men's competition was won by Nick Carter, who carded a superb 45-point haul.
You may also want to watch:
Gary Holmes finished second with 38 points, as Roger Watts (37) took third in a field of 61.
The second leg of the men's championship took place on Sunday, with Lewis Hearn winning best nett and Gary Neugebauer taking the best gross prize.
- 1 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 2 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 5 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 6 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 7 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 8 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 9 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 10 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab