March golfers battle it out in annual Selby & Taylor competition
- Credit: Archant
Daniel Jenkins and Fiona Wood took the honours at March Golf Club’s annual Selby & Taylor competition on Saturday.
The event was sponsored by Selby & Taylor Opticians, who also hosted an evening buffet meal for competitors and guests. The prizes were presented by MP Steve Barclay and the club Captain, Malcolm George.
RESULTS: Men - First Daniel Jenkins (44pts), Second Steve Campbell (38pts) , Third Steve Parish (37pts). Ladies - First Fiona Wood (30pts), Second Viv Snushall (28pts) Third Brenda Softley (27pts)
Twenty-one golfers were put to the test as March hosted the Cambridgeshire and Hunts Ladies County Golf Association’s (CHLCGA) annual Division 3 meeting.
Sandra King from Lakeside Lodge emerged victorious with a superb 41 Stableford points to hold off Jose Donaldson, 36 points (St Ives) and March’s own Lady Captain Shona Kent 3rd with 34 points.
You may also want to watch:
Shona Kent said: “It was an honour for the county to select March Golf Club for this event, and it went off without a hitch.
“Competition was fierce and everyone enjoyed the day. It was good to see so many players from all over the county competing. We look forward to welcoming CHLCGA back for future events at our course”.
- 1 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 2 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 4 Man who died in road crash is named
- 5 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 6 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 7 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 8 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 9 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 10 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
The ladies of March golf club battled against Newmarket Links, Saffron Walden and Royston in the annual Jean Wilkinson county event.
Playing each club home and away, the competition culminated in a hard fought match against Links at March.
Newmarket have a very strong team and were heading up the group yet March pulled off a surprise draw.