March ladies football team play a good game but lose to Cambridge
- Credit: Archant
March ladies football team put in the leg work for a good match but their efforts were not reflected in the final draw score.
The S Tech Prem match of March Town Ladies vs Cambs City Dev Ladies saw Cambridge beat the Fen girls by 3-0.
Gary Davis said: “An excellent home performance by the Hares was disappointingly not matched by the final result.
“League leaders Cambs City struggled to get to grips with the battling Hares and were restricted to long shots in the first half.
“Both teams looked dangerous at set pieces and Emma Frost went close from a corner.
You may also want to watch:
“It was 0-0 at half time and the city management team were heard to say the Hares wanted it more.
“A poor defensive five minutes in the second half gained City a 2-0 advantage, but the Hares kept their heads up and both Livvi Hodges and Louise Barbour went close.
- 1 Jail for man who broke partner’s nose and intimidated witness
- 2 Slimmer crowned 'greatest loser' after dropping four stone
- 3 Two mystery sinkholes appear across town during scorching weekend
- 4 Thunderstorms set to hit Cambs after hot intense weekend
- 5 Katie Price mistakes BBC Look East presenter for Natalie Cassidy
- 6 Litter pickers find stolen handbag snatched from shopper last year
- 7 Prepare to be ‘as horrified as I was’ says former audit chair
- 8 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 9 Bombshell result in village polls leaves 115 homes plan in doubt
- 10 Walking tours, open days and exhibitions to 'celebrate the Fens'
“City scored with an impressive overhead kick to make the final score 0-3.”
Player of the match was Megan Webb, who was impressive in midfield and defence.