March ladies football team play a good game but lose to Cambridge
- Credit: Archant
March ladies football team put in the leg work for a good match but their efforts were not reflected in the final draw score.
The S Tech Prem match of March Town Ladies vs Cambs City Dev Ladies saw Cambridge beat the Fen girls by 3-0.
Gary Davis said: “An excellent home performance by the Hares was disappointingly not matched by the final result.
“League leaders Cambs City struggled to get to grips with the battling Hares and were restricted to long shots in the first half.
“Both teams looked dangerous at set pieces and Emma Frost went close from a corner.
You may also want to watch:
“It was 0-0 at half time and the city management team were heard to say the Hares wanted it more.
“A poor defensive five minutes in the second half gained City a 2-0 advantage, but the Hares kept their heads up and both Livvi Hodges and Louise Barbour went close.
- 1 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 2 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 3 Residents escape kitchen fire after bank holiday blaze
- 4 Retrospective bid for travellers' site
- 5 Council road sweeper vehicle involved in collision with car
- 6 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 7 12 exciting new businesses to discover when lockdown restrictions ease
- 8 Former homeless recreate ‘Lunch atop a Skyscraper’ photograph
- 9 Alligator-owning farmer stars in new Ross Kemp ITV documentary
- 10 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
“City scored with an impressive overhead kick to make the final score 0-3.”
Player of the match was Megan Webb, who was impressive in midfield and defence.