March ladies football team play a good game but lose to Cambridge
- Credit: Archant
March ladies football team put in the leg work for a good match but their efforts were not reflected in the final draw score.
The S Tech Prem match of March Town Ladies vs Cambs City Dev Ladies saw Cambridge beat the Fen girls by 3-0.
Gary Davis said: “An excellent home performance by the Hares was disappointingly not matched by the final result.
“League leaders Cambs City struggled to get to grips with the battling Hares and were restricted to long shots in the first half.
“Both teams looked dangerous at set pieces and Emma Frost went close from a corner.
“It was 0-0 at half time and the city management team were heard to say the Hares wanted it more.
“A poor defensive five minutes in the second half gained City a 2-0 advantage, but the Hares kept their heads up and both Livvi Hodges and Louise Barbour went close.
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 3 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 4 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 5 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 6 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 7 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 8 Rachael takes bronze at national hairdressing competition
- 9 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 10 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
“City scored with an impressive overhead kick to make the final score 0-3.”
Player of the match was Megan Webb, who was impressive in midfield and defence.