March ladies football team play a good game but lose to Cambridge
- Credit: Archant
March ladies football team put in the leg work for a good match but their efforts were not reflected in the final draw score.
The S Tech Prem match of March Town Ladies vs Cambs City Dev Ladies saw Cambridge beat the Fen girls by 3-0.
Gary Davis said: “An excellent home performance by the Hares was disappointingly not matched by the final result.
“League leaders Cambs City struggled to get to grips with the battling Hares and were restricted to long shots in the first half.
“Both teams looked dangerous at set pieces and Emma Frost went close from a corner.
“It was 0-0 at half time and the city management team were heard to say the Hares wanted it more.
“A poor defensive five minutes in the second half gained City a 2-0 advantage, but the Hares kept their heads up and both Livvi Hodges and Louise Barbour went close.
- 1 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 2 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 3 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Fenland Farmers Tractor Run 2022 to raise money for MAGPAS
- 5 Megan realises netball dream ahead of Commonwealth Games bow
- 6 Drink-drivers banned off the roads after being caught in March and Wisbech
- 7 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 8 Eye burglar smashed doors with brick and stole jewellery and chocolate
- 9 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 10 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
“City scored with an impressive overhead kick to make the final score 0-3.”
Player of the match was Megan Webb, who was impressive in midfield and defence.