March Ladies Badminton Club celebrate season of unbeaten success
MARCH Ladies Badminton Club celebrated a fantastic season which saw their four-player team complete an incredible unbeaten campaign.
The club - who play in division one of the Huntingdon and Peterborough League - toasted their success at the town’s Plate and Porter restaurant after a fine year for both of its ladies’ teams.
Norma and Holly Bowen, Andrea Alexander, Lorraine Rogers and Gail Arnold all starred as March romped to the title in the league for teams of four players.
In the six-player team league March pushed a talented Pearl side from Peterborough all the way to narrowly miss out on a double title triumph for the club.
Both March and Pearl were undefeated at home, won nine out of their 10 matches and won 74 and lost 16 of their sets throughout the campaign.
You may also want to watch:
However, March’s brave ladies were agonisingly pipped to the silverware despite winning 155 games as Pearl had won just one more.
The Bowens, Arnold, Alexander, Rogers, Shonka Kent and Moira Hough all featured for the six-player team with Jenny Mayes, Janis Baker and Beth Parrish playing one match each for March during the campaign.
- 1 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 2 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle
- 3 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 4 Sandbags available ahead as Storm Christoph arrives
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 7 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 8 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 9 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years