March Ladies Badminton Club celebrate season of unbeaten success
MARCH Ladies Badminton Club celebrated a fantastic season which saw their four-player team complete an incredible unbeaten campaign.
The club - who play in division one of the Huntingdon and Peterborough League - toasted their success at the town’s Plate and Porter restaurant after a fine year for both of its ladies’ teams.
Norma and Holly Bowen, Andrea Alexander, Lorraine Rogers and Gail Arnold all starred as March romped to the title in the league for teams of four players.
In the six-player team league March pushed a talented Pearl side from Peterborough all the way to narrowly miss out on a double title triumph for the club.
Both March and Pearl were undefeated at home, won nine out of their 10 matches and won 74 and lost 16 of their sets throughout the campaign.
However, March’s brave ladies were agonisingly pipped to the silverware despite winning 155 games as Pearl had won just one more.
The Bowens, Arnold, Alexander, Rogers, Shonka Kent and Moira Hough all featured for the six-player team with Jenny Mayes, Janis Baker and Beth Parrish playing one match each for March during the campaign.
- 1 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 2 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 3 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 4 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 5 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 6 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 7 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 8 Ex-wife of killer Colin Hill shares rape ordeal more than 30 years on
- 9 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 10 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000