March Ladies Badminton Club celebrate season of unbeaten success
MARCH Ladies Badminton Club celebrated a fantastic season which saw their four-player team complete an incredible unbeaten campaign.
The club - who play in division one of the Huntingdon and Peterborough League - toasted their success at the town’s Plate and Porter restaurant after a fine year for both of its ladies’ teams.
Norma and Holly Bowen, Andrea Alexander, Lorraine Rogers and Gail Arnold all starred as March romped to the title in the league for teams of four players.
In the six-player team league March pushed a talented Pearl side from Peterborough all the way to narrowly miss out on a double title triumph for the club.
Both March and Pearl were undefeated at home, won nine out of their 10 matches and won 74 and lost 16 of their sets throughout the campaign.
You may also want to watch:
However, March’s brave ladies were agonisingly pipped to the silverware despite winning 155 games as Pearl had won just one more.
The Bowens, Arnold, Alexander, Rogers, Shonka Kent and Moira Hough all featured for the six-player team with Jenny Mayes, Janis Baker and Beth Parrish playing one match each for March during the campaign.
- 1 Woman claims police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her
- 2 Bombshell result in village polls leaves 115 homes plan in doubt
- 3 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 4 'A crash waiting to happen' say police
- 5 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’
- 6 New ditch to relieve flood issues 'more challenging than expected'
- 7 ‘Shift well spent!’: Fen Cops target illegal motorists in day of action
- 8 Lorry driver makes a fundamental error at Fenland roundabout...
- 9 'Harassment' forces village speedwatch team to close
- 10 Tea rooms may become a bedsit