March Town Ladies respond to FA Cup exit with Cambs League win
- Credit: Archant
March Town Ladies responded to a depleting FA Cup exit with a winning start to their Cambridgeshire Women’s County League Premier Division campaign.
Gary Davis’ side ran out 4-2 winners over Peterborough Northern Star Reserves (PNS) on Sunday, September 27, a week on following defeat to the club’s first-team in a Women’s FA Cup preliminary round tie.
Ex-PNS forward Louise Barbour gave the Hares a third-minute lead with a smart finish in the top corner, in her first start since an operation last December.
The hosts equalised on 30 minutes, before Emma Searle regained the lead for March with the last kick of the first-half.
Yazmin Holmes’ brace made it four for the visitors, her first with a fine shot and her second a header from a pinpoint Abby Grist cross.
Kelsey Ramm was unlucky not to add to the Hares’ advantage, and despite Sydney Davis clearing off the line, PNS grabbed a consolation towards the end.
Player of the match: Tori Sharpe.
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 3 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 4 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 5 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 6 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 7 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 8 Rachael takes bronze at national hairdressing competition
- 9 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 10 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman
March aim to make it two league wins from two at Riverside Ladies on Sunday, October 4 (2pm).