March Town Ladies respond to FA Cup exit with Cambs League win
- Credit: Archant
March Town Ladies responded to a depleting FA Cup exit with a winning start to their Cambridgeshire Women’s County League Premier Division campaign.
Gary Davis’ side ran out 4-2 winners over Peterborough Northern Star Reserves (PNS) on Sunday, September 27, a week on following defeat to the club’s first-team in a Women’s FA Cup preliminary round tie.
Ex-PNS forward Louise Barbour gave the Hares a third-minute lead with a smart finish in the top corner, in her first start since an operation last December.
The hosts equalised on 30 minutes, before Emma Searle regained the lead for March with the last kick of the first-half.
Yazmin Holmes’ brace made it four for the visitors, her first with a fine shot and her second a header from a pinpoint Abby Grist cross.
You may also want to watch:
Kelsey Ramm was unlucky not to add to the Hares’ advantage, and despite Sydney Davis clearing off the line, PNS grabbed a consolation towards the end.
Player of the match: Tori Sharpe.
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 3 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 4 Theatre group stalwart steps down after nine years
- 5 Yard sale raises over £1,400 from second annual event
- 6 Health chief’s stark warning: ‘The virus doesn’t care we changed the rules’
- 7 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologised after 90mph police pursuit
- 8 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 9 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 10 Medieval pottery unearthed at Cambs campsite
March aim to make it two league wins from two at Riverside Ladies on Sunday, October 4 (2pm).