March Ladybirds Netball Club stage annual tournament in memory of club favourite
- Credit: Archant
March Ladybirds Netball Club paid tribute to a club favourite at the weekend.
14 teams from across the region took part in the second annual Sarah Oldham Memorial Tournament, who was a former player, coach and friend of the club.
Despite the intense heat, the standard was very high, with all teams trying their best to win the coveted trophy.
Teams were split into three pools in the morning, with the afternoon fixtures based on how many points were scored as teams played for the cup, plate and trophy competitions.
In the cup, Harriers reigned victorious whilst also gaining overall tournament victory.
You may also want to watch:
The plate competition was won by Witches 1, whilst Foxes 1 prevailed in the trophy competition.
Ladybirds Netball Club would like to thank all of the clubs, officials and umpires for their help during the tournament, as well as the local businesses who generously donated raffle prizes.
- 1 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 2 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 3 Green light for off-licence despite objections
- 4 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 5 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 6 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 7 All staff and residents at Chatteris care home now vaccinated against Covid
- 8 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 9 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 10 Have your say on Mepal crematorium plans - but be quick