March Ladybirds Netball Club stage annual tournament in memory of club favourite
- Credit: Archant
March Ladybirds Netball Club paid tribute to a club favourite at the weekend.
14 teams from across the region took part in the second annual Sarah Oldham Memorial Tournament, who was a former player, coach and friend of the club.
Despite the intense heat, the standard was very high, with all teams trying their best to win the coveted trophy.
Teams were split into three pools in the morning, with the afternoon fixtures based on how many points were scored as teams played for the cup, plate and trophy competitions.
In the cup, Harriers reigned victorious whilst also gaining overall tournament victory.
You may also want to watch:
The plate competition was won by Witches 1, whilst Foxes 1 prevailed in the trophy competition.
Ladybirds Netball Club would like to thank all of the clubs, officials and umpires for their help during the tournament, as well as the local businesses who generously donated raffle prizes.
- 1 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 2 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 3 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 4 ‘Shovel-ready’ mayor brings key schemes back from the brink
- 5 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 6 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 7 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 8 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 9 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 10 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title