March Ladybirds Netball Club stage annual tournament in memory of club favourite
- Credit: Archant
March Ladybirds Netball Club paid tribute to a club favourite at the weekend.
14 teams from across the region took part in the second annual Sarah Oldham Memorial Tournament, who was a former player, coach and friend of the club.
Despite the intense heat, the standard was very high, with all teams trying their best to win the coveted trophy.
Teams were split into three pools in the morning, with the afternoon fixtures based on how many points were scored as teams played for the cup, plate and trophy competitions.
In the cup, Harriers reigned victorious whilst also gaining overall tournament victory.
You may also want to watch:
The plate competition was won by Witches 1, whilst Foxes 1 prevailed in the trophy competition.
Ladybirds Netball Club would like to thank all of the clubs, officials and umpires for their help during the tournament, as well as the local businesses who generously donated raffle prizes.
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 Neighbours want council to call time on off-licence
- 3 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 4 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 5 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 6 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 7 Ever get that sinking feeling?
- 8 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 9 Driver bids to drift towards fruitful career with national success
- 10 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager