March Landyachting star Davies undone by cruel puncture in British Championships
- Credit: Archant
MARCH Landyachter Rhys Davies narrowly missed out on victory in the fourth round of the British Championships.
Davies, who is defending British champion in the Standard Class, finished second at the Anglia Land Yacht Club event held at Bassingbourn Barracks.
The lead alternated throughout the weekend between Davies and his main rivals Martyn Hale and John Pickstone.
Davies was in with a shot of the overall victory but suffered an unfortunate puncture on the last lap of the final race.
He held on to finish second behind championship leader Martyn Hale.
You may also want to watch:
The competitors will next lock horns at the end of April in Redcar, North Yorkshire, for the fifth round of an enthralling championship.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies