March Landyachting star Davies undone by cruel puncture in British Championships
- Credit: Archant
MARCH Landyachter Rhys Davies narrowly missed out on victory in the fourth round of the British Championships.
Davies, who is defending British champion in the Standard Class, finished second at the Anglia Land Yacht Club event held at Bassingbourn Barracks.
The lead alternated throughout the weekend between Davies and his main rivals Martyn Hale and John Pickstone.
Davies was in with a shot of the overall victory but suffered an unfortunate puncture on the last lap of the final race.
He held on to finish second behind championship leader Martyn Hale.
You may also want to watch:
The competitors will next lock horns at the end of April in Redcar, North Yorkshire, for the fifth round of an enthralling championship.
- 1 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 2 ‘It needs to get sorted’ - heartfelt plea after flood nightmare
- 3 Driver peers out of Range Rover while trying to cross flooded Welney Wash
- 4 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 5 Road closed and residents without water due to burst water main
- 6 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 7 People power brings about changes to £800,000 roundabout scheme
- 8 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 9 Man jailed for trying to arrange sexual abuse of girls and woman
- 10 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine