March Landyachting star Davies undone by cruel puncture in British Championships
- Credit: Archant
MARCH Landyachter Rhys Davies narrowly missed out on victory in the fourth round of the British Championships.
Davies, who is defending British champion in the Standard Class, finished second at the Anglia Land Yacht Club event held at Bassingbourn Barracks.
The lead alternated throughout the weekend between Davies and his main rivals Martyn Hale and John Pickstone.
Davies was in with a shot of the overall victory but suffered an unfortunate puncture on the last lap of the final race.
He held on to finish second behind championship leader Martyn Hale.
You may also want to watch:
The competitors will next lock horns at the end of April in Redcar, North Yorkshire, for the fifth round of an enthralling championship.
- 1 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 2 All roads reopened after gas leaks cause day of disruption
- 3 Driver escapes injury after A14 lorry fire
- 4 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 5 Hauliers face Covid and Brexit HGV driver shortage
- 6 Police disrupt drug dealer's 'oven ready' cannabis stash
- 7 Family farmers win court case against oat milk giants
- 8 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 9 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 10 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell