Swimming: March Marlins make a splash at Newmarket
- Credit: Archant
March Marlins had plenty to celebrate at the Newmarket Open meet at the weekend.
The squad combined for 59 personal bests, three regional qualifying times and second place among visiting clubs, after some fine displays.
Connor Rickard and Rebecca Jordan set personal bests in all of their races, as Weronika Mikolajewska set eight bests in 11 outings to take seven golds.
Thea Hanley and Una Ansone both came away with seven personal bests and medals, while Chloe Cook, Sam Smith, Reece Simpson, Olivia Tunley and Tom Hanley all had first places.
Hanley went on to achieve a first regional time in the 50m breaststroke, as Luke Ruggles got his in the 100m.
You may also want to watch:
Ansone achieved hers in the 100m backstroke.
Further personal bests went to Tunley, Theo Liversedge, Harry Smith, Cook, Simpson, Luis Souto Hill, Ruggles, Hanley and Molly McGowen, as Harry Rayner, Hannah Jordan and Dan Riches competed well.
- 1 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 2 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 3 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 4 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 5 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
- 6 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 7 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 8 Salon owner grateful to be 'back doing what I love'
- 9 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 10 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'