Swimming: March Marlins make a splash at Newmarket
- Credit: Archant
March Marlins had plenty to celebrate at the Newmarket Open meet at the weekend.
The squad combined for 59 personal bests, three regional qualifying times and second place among visiting clubs, after some fine displays.
Connor Rickard and Rebecca Jordan set personal bests in all of their races, as Weronika Mikolajewska set eight bests in 11 outings to take seven golds.
Thea Hanley and Una Ansone both came away with seven personal bests and medals, while Chloe Cook, Sam Smith, Reece Simpson, Olivia Tunley and Tom Hanley all had first places.
Hanley went on to achieve a first regional time in the 50m breaststroke, as Luke Ruggles got his in the 100m.
You may also want to watch:
Ansone achieved hers in the 100m backstroke.
Further personal bests went to Tunley, Theo Liversedge, Harry Smith, Cook, Simpson, Luis Souto Hill, Ruggles, Hanley and Molly McGowen, as Harry Rayner, Hannah Jordan and Dan Riches competed well.
- 1 Mobile upgrade work may cause TV interference
- 2 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 3 Rob's 'walk of thanks' for Magpas Air Ambulance
- 4 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 5 MP the “most handsome and kindest member of the government’
- 6 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash
- 7 Depleted Bears fight back to earn friendly victory
- 8 'No excuse' not to publish costs says funeral director
- 9 Covid-19 job loss prompts Martin to launch out on his own
- 10 Community group to review case of missing Terry McSpadden