Swimming: March Marlins make a splash at Newmarket
- Credit: Archant
March Marlins had plenty to celebrate at the Newmarket Open meet at the weekend.
The squad combined for 59 personal bests, three regional qualifying times and second place among visiting clubs, after some fine displays.
Connor Rickard and Rebecca Jordan set personal bests in all of their races, as Weronika Mikolajewska set eight bests in 11 outings to take seven golds.
Thea Hanley and Una Ansone both came away with seven personal bests and medals, while Chloe Cook, Sam Smith, Reece Simpson, Olivia Tunley and Tom Hanley all had first places.
Hanley went on to achieve a first regional time in the 50m breaststroke, as Luke Ruggles got his in the 100m.
You may also want to watch:
Ansone achieved hers in the 100m backstroke.
Further personal bests went to Tunley, Theo Liversedge, Harry Smith, Cook, Simpson, Luis Souto Hill, Ruggles, Hanley and Molly McGowen, as Harry Rayner, Hannah Jordan and Dan Riches competed well.
- 1 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 2 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 3 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 4 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 5 Crossing company praised for using local workers and suppliers
- 6 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 7 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 8 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 9 Suspected hare coursers get 4x4 stuck after crashing nose first in ditch
- 10 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic