Swimming: March Marlins make a splash at Newmarket
- Credit: Archant
March Marlins had plenty to celebrate at the Newmarket Open meet at the weekend.
The squad combined for 59 personal bests, three regional qualifying times and second place among visiting clubs, after some fine displays.
Connor Rickard and Rebecca Jordan set personal bests in all of their races, as Weronika Mikolajewska set eight bests in 11 outings to take seven golds.
Thea Hanley and Una Ansone both came away with seven personal bests and medals, while Chloe Cook, Sam Smith, Reece Simpson, Olivia Tunley and Tom Hanley all had first places.
Hanley went on to achieve a first regional time in the 50m breaststroke, as Luke Ruggles got his in the 100m.
Ansone achieved hers in the 100m backstroke.
Further personal bests went to Tunley, Theo Liversedge, Harry Smith, Cook, Simpson, Luis Souto Hill, Ruggles, Hanley and Molly McGowen, as Harry Rayner, Hannah Jordan and Dan Riches competed well.
- 1 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 2 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 3 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 4 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 5 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 6 Police ‘increasingly concerned’ for woman missing since Wednesday
- 7 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 8 Wife pays tribute to ex-footballer who 'I could always rely on'
- 9 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 10 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim