Two March Marlins swimmers to compete in series of national competitions this summer
- Credit: Archant
Two members of March Marlins Swim Club are set to take on a series of national competitions during the summer.
Teammates Chloe Cook and Danielle Rayner will compete in the national fields at the British, England and Welsh Nationals in Sheffield and Swansea.
To qualify for the competitions the girls had to finish in the top 24 in the United Kingdom through a three-month qualification period that saw the best athletes in the country racing every weekend.
A spokesman said: “Chloe Cook secured her space at Welsh Nationals in the 200m Butterfly and 200m Breaststroke after two spectacular swims at the ASA East Regional Championships that saw her smashing her previous personal bests.
“Danielle claimed a space at the British National Championships in the 200m Backstroke, and two further spaces in the 400m Individual Medley and 100m Backstroke while racing in internationally at the Eindhoven Swim Cup Series which saw her break her personal bests in her first international competition final.”
You may also want to watch:
“This national success has come in just two seasons with the new head coach, Andrew Jakeman, which has also seen five regional qualifiers over 30 County Qualifiers and our Master’s section claiming medal success at Masters competitions up and down the UK.”
For more information or if you’re interested in joining the March Marlins, email Mark McGowen on: email@example.com
- 1 New offering can help 'encourage more participation in angling'
- 2 Businesses across the Fens reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 3 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 4 ‘The Duke of Edinburgh’s security team wouldn’t let him ride our tandem...’
- 5 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 6 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 7 March Town mark long-awaited return with victory in double-header
- 8 More anti-Semitic graffiti appears in Ely
- 9 Council road sweeper vehicle involved in collision with car
- 10 Retrospective bid for travellers' site