More than 300 swimmers take part in March Marlins Swimming Club annual Fenland Open Meet in Whittlesey
- Credit: Archant
The March Marlins Swimming Club held their annual Fenland Open Meet at Whitttlsey with over 300 swimmers taking part.
More than 40 members swam for their club, providing performances with 57 personal best times achieved.
Mark McGowen, March Marlins chairman and organiser, thanked all the volunteers and coaches for their assistance in making the Open Meet a success.
Top girl awards were taken by Weronika Mikolajewski and Anastassja Herdien for their age group categories with Luke Ruggles and Mark Thompson receiving the top boy accolades.
You may also want to watch:
The 11 years and under 50m backstroke events saw personal bests from Weronika Mikolajewski, Olivia Tunley, Katrina Dale, Ruby Saunders, Lucy McClure, Jude Staton, Theo Liversedge, Luke Cumbridge, Jacob Lowe and Jonas Meckauskas with Mikolajewski and Staton taking first and second places respectively.
The five girls also went home with best times for the 50m butterfly. Saunders grabbed another improved time in the 50m freestyle race alongside Ashleigh Mason and Erica Anne Richmond.
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 5 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 6 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 7 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 8 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 9 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision
- 10 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
The boys and girls 100m butterfly saw some fantastic placings with Hannah Jordan taking first, Mark Thompson and Katie McGowen second, and third places achieved by Anastassja Herdien, Harry Rayner, Louis Beningfield and Graham Shaw.
The boys 100m freestyle races delivered personal bests for Luke Ruggles, Freddie Allen, Louis Beningfield, Riley Astley, Harry Rayner and Henry Gooch with Ruggles and Allen also placing first.
The girls continued this success with Anastassja Herdien, Una Ansone, Rosie Beningfield, Hannah Storey, Ciara Mason and Rebecca Jordan reaching their personal best times also. Notably, Freddie Allen and Luke Ruggles placed first in all of their races.
Out of the 22 girls competing in the 100m Individual Medley events, 13 gained a personal best time including Thea Hanley, Hannah Camplin, Alice Camplin and Ashleigh Mason.
The boys 100m IM resulted in 7 personal bests claimed by Mark Thompson, Freddie Allen, Jude Staton, Harry Rayner, Louis Beningfield, Riley Astley and Henry Gooch.
Also swimming were Connor Rickard, Rosetta Schauenburg-Kent, Molly McGowen, Sophie Tunley, Jessica Rayner, James Cowin, Dan Riches, April-Marie Doherty and Joel Jordan