More than 300 swimmers take part in March Marlins Swimming Club annual Fenland Open Meet in Whittlesey
- Credit: Archant
The March Marlins Swimming Club held their annual Fenland Open Meet at Whitttlsey with over 300 swimmers taking part.
More than 40 members swam for their club, providing performances with 57 personal best times achieved.
Mark McGowen, March Marlins chairman and organiser, thanked all the volunteers and coaches for their assistance in making the Open Meet a success.
Top girl awards were taken by Weronika Mikolajewski and Anastassja Herdien for their age group categories with Luke Ruggles and Mark Thompson receiving the top boy accolades.
You may also want to watch:
The 11 years and under 50m backstroke events saw personal bests from Weronika Mikolajewski, Olivia Tunley, Katrina Dale, Ruby Saunders, Lucy McClure, Jude Staton, Theo Liversedge, Luke Cumbridge, Jacob Lowe and Jonas Meckauskas with Mikolajewski and Staton taking first and second places respectively.
The five girls also went home with best times for the 50m butterfly. Saunders grabbed another improved time in the 50m freestyle race alongside Ashleigh Mason and Erica Anne Richmond.
- 1 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 2 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 3 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 4 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 5 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 6 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 7 Crossing company praised for using local workers and suppliers
- 8 Suspected hare coursers get 4x4 stuck after crashing nose first in ditch
- 9 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
The boys and girls 100m butterfly saw some fantastic placings with Hannah Jordan taking first, Mark Thompson and Katie McGowen second, and third places achieved by Anastassja Herdien, Harry Rayner, Louis Beningfield and Graham Shaw.
The boys 100m freestyle races delivered personal bests for Luke Ruggles, Freddie Allen, Louis Beningfield, Riley Astley, Harry Rayner and Henry Gooch with Ruggles and Allen also placing first.
The girls continued this success with Anastassja Herdien, Una Ansone, Rosie Beningfield, Hannah Storey, Ciara Mason and Rebecca Jordan reaching their personal best times also. Notably, Freddie Allen and Luke Ruggles placed first in all of their races.
Out of the 22 girls competing in the 100m Individual Medley events, 13 gained a personal best time including Thea Hanley, Hannah Camplin, Alice Camplin and Ashleigh Mason.
The boys 100m IM resulted in 7 personal bests claimed by Mark Thompson, Freddie Allen, Jude Staton, Harry Rayner, Louis Beningfield, Riley Astley and Henry Gooch.
Also swimming were Connor Rickard, Rosetta Schauenburg-Kent, Molly McGowen, Sophie Tunley, Jessica Rayner, James Cowin, Dan Riches, April-Marie Doherty and Joel Jordan