March Neale-Wade youngster Ben, 14, gets England pool call-up for European Championships
- Credit: Archant
Fourteen year old pool prodigy Ben Middleton is celebrating an England call-up.
The March youngster, who goes to Neale-Wade Academy and plays at Club Q, has been selected for the England under-15 squad for the European Championships in April.
His proud mother Irene says pool runs in the family ... Ben has followed in the footsteps of his parents in playing for Cambridgeshire.
She said: “This year he went for England under-18 trials and did very well so they have invited him to be part of the under-15 squad.
“We’re all chuffed, over the moon and very proud of Ben.
You may also want to watch:
“We all play pool in the family - Ben’s played since he was able to pick up a cue.
“He’s very good - we have nurture that. He’s also a nice lad and he will represent his country very well.”
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 3 Man who died in road crash is named
- 4 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 5 DJ, 11, branded 'an inspiration' after winning top award
- 6 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 7 Photographer amazed by praise thanks to stunning images of space
- 8 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 9 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 10 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre